0:04

It was as though the world did not want her to rest

It was as though the world did not want her to rest. She'd just managed to get rid of Logan a couple of minutes ago and thought maybe she could have some peace of mind by finally finishing off the fourth season of Greenleaf, whilst sorting out the playlist for the following day, and having some of the chocolate mousse she had been thinking of the whole day.

Yet here it was, the sound of a soft knock at her door – not allowing her to indulge into her guilty pleasures of actually lazing around after a long day at work. Maybe if she ignored the knock, the person would go away? It's not like she knew anyone else in this part of town, besides Logan and Amaru. Besides, she highly doubted Logan would come back up, there simply was no reason.

Yet, another soft knock sounded at her door, and she groaned as she placed the tub of chocolate mousse onto her coffee table, and then slowly stood to her feet before pausing the show that was currently playing on the screen.

Another knock sounded in less than ten seconds from the last, and now Shane was starting to get agitated, "I said I'm coming,"

Letting out a sigh and preparing to plaster a fake smile onto her face, she placed the chain onto the side of the door in case someone was trying to rob her. Then proceeded to slightly open the door and lifted an eyebrow at the sight of a woman standing at her door.

Maybe it was the resting bitch face that the girl had on that made her stand out, or maybe the sandy complexion she wore, her skin smooth and tawny. Nonetheless, Shane was not moved, nor did she care – all she wanted to know was why on God's green earth did this lady want to disturb her peace.

"Can I help you?" Shane asks when the woman remains silent, as though she was not the one who knocked on the door. She seems to not be present even though her eyes are on Shane, all Shane could see were the pursed lips, and the nose ring that adorned her nose.

"Hello?" Shane slightly shook her head to get the girl's attention, this was definitely not the time to be starstruck, she was neither a celebrity, nor was she someone who was batting for that side of the team.

As Shane starts to close the door, the girl smiles and holds the door frantically – as though back on planet earth.

"Hey, sorry. I was just trying to figure out how to start this conversation," she says, her lashes swiftly caressing the air as they shield a pair of chestnut-colored eyes. Shane couldn't even deny it, the girl was gorgeous, and that was richly emphasized by her voluminous jet-black mane that danced in circles and lightly kissed her chest.