0:14

He noticed her enter his office from the corner of his eye, henceforth lifting a finger up, letting her know he would be with her shortly

He noticed her enter his office from the corner of his eye, henceforth lifting a finger up, letting her know he would be with her shortly. He was currently on an unplanned call with his father, doing what his father liked to call checking in.

“Otherwise, how's the business holding up?" his father asked, tone very monotonous as always. You never knew whether he was happy or not, except on rare occasions.

"Making big profits, like it usually does," Hendrichs nodded, as though his father could see him. He sat very still, as though at attention. Something he subconsciously did when he spoke to his dad.

"Good to hear. You're to come for dinner on Sunday, you and your sister –around six thirty. Don't be late, your mother would be hurt by that," he commanded, like he usually did, without giving him a say. Or even a chance to say he had other plans.

"We'll be there." he simply responded, knowing if he said anything else –it would simply start an unnecessary argument, and he didn't want to get to that. Especially with Shane noticeably standing at the door awkwardly.

"Wasn't a request either, so be there young man," he spoke so sternly, Hendrichs almost rolled his eyes. He was being unnecessarily extra in his eyes, but who would dare tell him that.

"I said we'll be there. Tell mom I send my greetings, good day sir," Hendrichs spoke in conclusion –trying to conclude the call. He did not want to spend the rest of the day in a bad mood, and he could definitely feel himself on his way there.

"Good day son," he spoke in response before ending the call. Hendrichs mentally let out a small breath of relief. Looking at the wall, to refocus his mind.

He needed to be level headed to have a proper meeting with Shane. Take two of their initially failed one in his books.

"Take a seat," his eyes temporarily met hers as he directed her to the chair in front of his desk with his hand. His favorite suspenders held onto his shoulders tightly as he took a seat in his plush leather office chair.

Shane remained quiet, as she observed his energy as well, trying to see where he was headed with this impromptu meeting.

After their 'circle of love' meeting, he had called Michael in - reprimanding him for his words towards Annalise.

He reminded him of the contract he had further signed after the whole ordeal with his sister. And that as much as this was a free space, a place of family, he still had to respect the fact that this was a workplace. And within a workplace, professional relationships should be maintained. Hence boundaries are a thing in this world.

Once all was hushed out, he asked Michael to call in Shane after ten minutes so he could take his father's call. Hence they were both seated, divided by a table –their complete attention on each other.

"Listen, I called you in so we could have a proper conversation. Last time, it really didn't go so well. Respect was lost on both ends I'd like to believe –and trust me I wouldn't be admitting to that on any given day but this is my company we're talking about." he spoke eloquently, whilst leaning back against his chair.