0:44

"My baby boy." His mother cooed, wearing a pout on her face as she walked into the kitchen. It was early morning, he was wearing an apron finishing up his brownie batter. "I didn't hear you come in last night."

She brought his face closer to her, then kissed his cheek which made him smile because his mother's love was so dear to him.

"I came in when both you and pops where in bed." He informed her, giving her a side hug. "How are you doing? Aunty B said hi, and that she loves and misses you."

"I wasn't aware that you were flying back yesterday. To the best of my knowledge it was up to a week in Seattle." She pulled out a black leather barstool from beneath the kitchen island, lowered it a tad bit more before taking her seat.

"There was a bit of an emergency I had to sort out. But I'm now I'm back on vacation, here at your house. Thanks for letting me stay in advance." He flashed his dazzling smile, trying to put his charm on her but she rolled her eyes — making him smile.

"Work? I thought Lena and Logan would help you out. Also! Your charm isn't going to work on me boy. I removed your diapers. Remember that!"

He groaned, not too fascinated with what she'd just said. "You'll let me stay though right? And you didn't answer my question. When I asked how you are doing."

"You know you're always welcome." She waved him off, "I've been good. How have you been?"

"I don't know. Kinda good. Kinda numb. Kinda trying to fix the mess in me." He shrugged, using this finger to taste the chocolate mix in the bowl.

"You prayed about it all?" She queried, standing to wash her hands, so she could help out in the kitchen. She didn't feel right just taking a seat, and not working.

"Been praying. I'm not sure if what I feel is numbness, or peace though. But I'm good ma. Don't worry about it." He flashed her a smile, before he disappeared under so he could get the nonstick baking pan.

"You're a big person now. So I'll let you figure out yourself. However, if you need to talk. I'm always a phone call away. I know I'm not Lena, or Amaru's mother. But—," A small smile covered his face as he watched her speak, right before he cut her off.

"Mum. I'll call. Don't worry." His face softened, and his eyes followed along as he looked at her, and she look at him. "I love you. Just because I don't talk a lot about my personal life, doesn't mean I don't. Please know that."

"You ever use that British accent on your lady friends? It's kinda cute, don't know why you hide it." She smiled, drawing all the attention away from herself.

"Please. I barely have one." He waved her off, and she took the pan from him, nearly greasing every edge.

"You've worked so hard to mask it. I know you don't get along well with your father, but it's still your heritage."

"Can we not talk about that right now?"

"You want to talk about the emergency that brought you back instead?" She raised an eyebrow, and he groaned yet again.

"I'm not so sure why you're pressing so hard to know why I came back early. It was a personal emergency. That's all you need to know."

"I'm not sure I like your tone. However, I will back off. B called me, and told me I raised a fine young man — you must have impressed her." She immediately changed the subject, and pushed the pan back towards him before going to wash her hands yet again.

"Ma." He sighed, realizing that he'd used the wrong tone, despite conveying the right message.

"No, it's alright. I'll just get breakfast ready. You can talk to me about whatever is it you feel like talking about. Excuse me for being a caring parent. Must be because I'm not Marjorie."