0:58

"You know very well this is something I said I would not appreciate, so why in the hell are you approaching me right now!?" Her jaw clenched as she shut the door after getting Ayanna's gift from the trunk of Hendrichs' Jeep.

"This is the only way we are ever going to be in the same space. I know what Hendrichs said, but we need to talk this out." Amaru firmly responded, stopping a couple of feet away from her.

"Well, I don't want to talk to you. I also don't want to act out in front of my boyfriend's parents - so really, leave me alone." She took a step to the side, ready to leave but he took one as well, blocking her path.

"You don't have to talk, just let me say my part. Allow me to express my apologies to you - and we can call it. I'm not tryna force you to be friends - I know that's out of the question for you." He placed the palm of his hands together, pleading with her.

"I do not want your apologies!" She exclaimed, but still low enough not to be heard from inside the house.

"Nothing, and I mean nothing will ever pay for what you did to me. You really pointed your gun at me, then you knowingly chose to shoot yourself in front of me? What did you expect to happen? Hmm?" She moved her head to the side.

"That I would be okay? That I would not be affected by your selfishness? That it wouldn't matter because you'd be dead? 'To hell with what Shane would feel, right? I just want to stop my pain at the cost of someone else's.' Does that sound okay to you!?" Her nose flared, as her eyes pierced into him.

In turn, he remained silent, looking down at his feet - which did nothing but provoke Shane to push him further with her tongue.

"Answer me dammit! You wanted to talk sir, where's your big talk? Where's that apology? It's sounding a lil' redundant now, huh mate? You're starting to see that you sounded a lil' daft there, right?" She paused, waiting to see if he would say anything of value - anything that would prove her wrong.

Yet he remained silent.

"That's what I thought. Don't you ever repeat that stunt again, otherwise I'll really hurt your feelings Amaru." Taking a step to the side again, she made her way into the house - leaving him behind without a single glance back to see how he was.

As she stepped into the house, she found Hendrichs waiting in the foyer, halting her steps for a moment. When her eyes fell upon his face, she knew that he'd heard the exchange that had occurred between herself and Amaru. She didn't miss the disapproving look that he wore either, and quite frankly, that look resulted in her heart twisting - hurt that he'd taken Amaru's side and not hers, like he'd always done.

When he was about to open his mouth, she resumed her walk to the kitchen, and when he called her name, she ignored him - moving right to the kitchen island to place the tall gift bag that held Ayanna's favorite wine within its folds.

She placed her hands flat against the surface, a soft breath leaving her mouth, as did the adrenaline, before the low whimper followed straight after. Her eyes blurred as she looked at the white marble surface of the island, and she shook her head - deciding not to cry in the Hayes household.

She softly dabbed her eyes with the edge of her hands, and without lifting her eyes to the entrance, she felt his presence in the room.

"I don't want to hear anything you have to say." Her voice shook, her nose still flaring.

"Because you know your tone, and word choices were unnecessary." He calmly told her, leaning against the wall.

"Like I said, I don't want to hear anything from you." Her voice was low this time, as she tried to harness her anger, instead of falling into her weaker emotions.