0:27

As Hendrichs turned the car off, having arrived at the set destination, the lights in the house simultaneously went on as though they had been waiting up for Shane to come back home

The time sat at twenty three minutes past three in the morning, dawn slightly chasing dusk even though it remained dark. They were parked in front of a two-story house, after having traveled the whole night in complete silence besides the soft music that played in the background.

Besides the I'm coming home text that she'd sent her dad, she hadn't touched her phone or anything else for that matter. Once they hit the road, she closed her eyes and fell asleep. It was weird to experience a deeply troubled Shane.

He hadn't experienced any other side besides petty, upset, and playful, hence he didn't quite know how to deal with her in this situation. As though she knew she was home, her eyes flattered open, just as the front door opened and out came a couple — Shane's parents, he figured.

The husband affectionately had his arm around the wife's shoulder, as she had her arms wrapped around herself, holding on tightly to her cardigan.

Without a word, he stepped out of the car, and walked around to Shane's side where he opened it and gave her the room to step out at her own pace.

She gave him such a weak smile, before thanking him and walking right into the arms of her mother. She was caramel toned like her, and her hair currently a bright ginger in curls. She was literally looking at her future self who wore nothing but a smile.

"Oh Shanae," her mother cooed right into her ear, and Shane immediately started crying into her chest

"Oh Shanae," her mother cooed right into her ear, and Shane immediately started crying into her chest. She felt like she could let out all the pent up emotion that she'd buried to her mother even when they did not see eye to eye. At the end of the day, that was still her mother.

"Mama," she gasped, as tears continuously left her eyes.

Simultaneously, Hendrichs got her bags out of the trunk of the car before wheeling them both slightly to where they stood. More than anything, he felt awkward but he remained there for as long as Shane needed.