2. 𝗢𝗻 𝗘𝗱𝗴𝗲

Callie's POV

I heard the bell ring loud and clear as I looked up from the project that was on my desk. My eyes roamed the room as students started to stand up from their spots. They then begun packing their school supplies and items that had been used for the period. For some reason, the sound of papers rustling while being stuffed into backpacks bothered me today.

I started to gather my own supplies together all while following the motions of my classmates, only I tried to make my movements as quiet as I could. Second period was now done as the bell had dismissed us. I neatly stacked my papers in a pile that I had been working on before gently placing them into my folder. I had considered using a piece of paper before. They would just be paper cuts, right? But I needed something more. And that something more was stashed away in my backpack. Only a zipper separated the blade from my skin.

I realized I was taking much longer than needed as half of my classmates were already out of the room. I wanted to go slow with putting my supplies away, mainly because I was dreading next period. Third period with Ms. Schultz and the doomed textbook I didn't have.

After closing my folder, I nicely tucked it into my backpack. I then stood up from my desk. While standing up, a weird stomach cramping feeling took over me. Except it wasn't because of my period. I still had two weeks before my cycle came. I felt nauseous as I grabbed my bag before swinging it over my shoulder and heading out of the classroom.

Ms. Schultz was my least favorite teacher. It wasn't mainly because of the textbook, but even before all that happened she never seemed to like me. She didn't seem to like any of us Adams Fosters kids very much. Maybe she had something against Lena? Some adult beef between them that we didn't know about? Either way, she didn't like me very much and nothing was really going to change her attitude about me. Especially in the next four minutes when she found out I didn't have my textbook. Wait until she found out I had completely lost it. Pretty sure she would charge me double for a new textbook.

I walked through the halls of Anchor Beach feeling almost lifeless.

I wanted to feel things again. Not just feel like a body moving through life. That was sort of a reason why I wanted to go through with my plan. Maybe it would help? So I guess I take back the whole not having a reason and asking myself why. Deep down inside I truly did know why. However, the feelings we're nearly impossible to get out it words.

I didn't need to stop at my locker on my way to next period. There was nothing in my locker that I needed. And there also wasn't much in my locker in general. You know how almost every girl in school had photos of them and their best friends inside the locker door? Well I didn't have any of that. It was simply bare.

Mariana once tried to convince me to get a mini magnetic light up chandelier for my locker, but that wasn't going to happen anytime soon on my account. You can probably imagine Mariana's locker. Definitely a lot of pink was involved. Her class schedule was also colored pink and bedazzled exclusively by her. She ended up buying fourteen dollars worth of light pink gift wrapping paper to adhere to the sides of her locker. She said she hated the ugly off brown of the original color and did everything in her favor to cover up every inch of it. Of course she also had a fancy pink book stand sitting at the base of her locker too. Did I mention she also got a miniature fluffy rug? It straight up looked like someone could live inside. I wouldn't be surprised if she stuffed a gerbil in there. But she was not a fan of rodents so maybe that wasn't all true.

When there would be random locker checks, Mariana stood there proudly as the liaison opened the door. She liked to flaunt what she had and knew she was showing off too. But I partially couldn't blame her. Her style was what nearly every girl in the school wanted. And her confidence, don't even get me started on that.