2. 𝗗𝗼𝗻'𝘁

Callie's POV

So far the day had been okay. Aside from me trying to avoid all of my siblings in the most casual and unsuspecting way. Generally I was always the more quiet one in school. But I didn't mind it. That meant that less people had to think or worry about me.

Then the time came. The worst part of my day. The thing I had been dreading the most. Gym.

The bell had rung as I headed out of class and to my locker to grab some things.

Suddenly Brandon appeared beside my locker. Great, just great.

"Don't." He said as he looked right at me.

"Don't what?" I asked in a irritated tone.

"Just don't do it again." He said.

"Wait, so your not going to tell?" I asked him surprised.

"I had seen you do it the first time. Later that night you went downstairs to get water and I saw your arm." He said sounding sad.

"Listen, I'm sorry, I won't do it again." I told him.

"You said that last time." He said. Wow, I guess he knew more then he let on. I had to be way more careful.

"Please just don't tell anyone." I said nervously.

"Did I tell the first time?" He asked giving me a small smirk.

"Thank you." I said relieved.

"But why did you do it?" He asked as I was about to walk away.

I stopped and turned towards him.

"I will tell you when I'm ready. But now is not the time." I said.

He gave me a understanding look. "Don't you have gym next?" He asked.

"Yeh, it's gonna be hell." I said as he knew why.

"You know, you could go to the nurses office. Cramps?" He said. What I didn't understand is why he was doing this. Not telling anyone unlike Mariana. It's like he was creating an alliance. An alliance he would possibly break in the end?

Build up trust, only to break it in the end. Like I had done to moms. Built up them trusting me only by telling lies. Then just cutting myself in the end.

"I can't go to the nurse. Then mama will think something is wrong. It only increases my chances of getting caught." I told him.

"Fine, go to gym. Wear a long sleeved shirt and act as normal as possible." He said smiling at me.

"Thanks Brandon. It means a lot." I said as I started walking away.

"That's what siblings do. Protect each other." He said as I smiled back at him. I then headed off to gym.

What I didn't know was that Brandon had pulled out his phone and sent a text to his dad.

"Callie cut herself again. It's really bad."
-Brandon

"Okay, don't worry about it for now. I got it taken care of."
-Dad

"That's what siblings do. Protect each other." Brandon thought in his head.

• • •

Gym had gone just fine. I had worn a long sleeved shirt, done the stupid gym activity's we were required to do. Got my points for the day. All was well. My arm was doing worse. It was getting infected, but I didn't care. It was hurting more, but I didn't care. After all, I did like pain considering I had cut myself again.