10. 𝗪𝗿𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗢𝗻 𝗟𝗮𝘆𝗲𝗿𝘀

Mariana's POV

It was second to last period and this was the perfect class to do it in. Math.

I entered the classroom as everyone was bustling around to get ready for the test. I had no worries though. I had everything written out.

I collectively sat down and grabbed some school supplies I would need for the test.

I heard the bell ring as Mr. Thompson quieted the freaked out class. I being the only student who was less of that.

He explained the test rules, number of points it was and how it made up this amount much of your grade, drop the lowest test score at the end of the term, scantrons and how to write you name clearly and bubble in the letter correctly, what kind of pencil to use, don't write on the actual test, turn in scratch paper at the end of the test to his front desk, phones away, yada yada. The usual crap they always say.

And lastly, no cheating.

Then came the actual tests he passed out. I received mine as I looked it over. I knew every single answer. I had studied and this was a topic I was good at. I could easily ace this test. But I had different plans in mind.

I began bubbling in some letters. They were the correct answers but this whole scheming thing was starting to catch up to me now.

I began growing nervous. Not out of not knowing the answers, but cheating my way through.

I was debating if I should just drop the idea all together. But how else would I tell moms? I needed to do this. Go through with it.

I carefully lifted up a bit of my shorter skirt revealing what was underneath. Not the cuts, but the writing on my skin. The answers that would help me with the test.

I read the formulas and equations I had written out on my leg hoping my teacher would see. It wouldn't probably happen right away but I was hoping that if I persisted, my plan would work.

I made it look like I got the answers from my leg as I bubbled in another letter. I didn't want to be too obvious but just enough that it would catch the attention of Mr. Thompson.

I continued this process as my hands were growing sweaty. I was nervous about how it would go down. I was surprised no one else had said anything to him as I'm sure the dude next to me saw it clearly.

Then I realized he was actually using it to help him with his own test. Well that backfired.

I spoke too soon as I suddenly heard my name called.

"Mariana, go to the principals office right now. You are getting a zero on your test. I will call down to the office to make sure you got there." My teacher said in a stern tone. I had to admit Stef's was scarier though.

I stood up as I began packing up my stuff trying to look guilty but inside I was so pleased it had worked. I could see James sweating as he knew he had almost been caught. I think he was more worried about how he would fail the test considering he didn't have my leg to look at anymore.

I headed up to the front of the classroom as I set my papers down on his desk as he gave me a disappointed look. I almost dreaded seeing my moms disappointment in me. More so Stef's unavoidable yelling.

I left the room as I headed towards mamas office as she was the principal which didn't make me as scared.

My heart started beating faster as adrenaline pumped through my body making my cut marks feel like they were pulsing even more. Was it weird that I almost felt excitement? Excited to get yelled at and get attention? Then get hugged by my moms? Lately all eyes were on Callie. Moms didn't seem to even seem to have a single one of my "stupid problems" cross their minds. I was excited to finally get attention and love from them. I guess I was realized I was more jealous of Callie. Maybe that's why she cut?