7. 𝗞𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗶𝗻𝗴

Brandon's POV

"Hey Brandon." I heard Mariana say as she entered my room.

"Go away." I said as I didn't even look up from my desk.

"Love you too." She said with an edge in her voice as she walked further into my room.

I huffed. Sometimes she didn't even know what the term boundaries meant.

"What do you want." I said still agitated with my sister.

"I want to talk." She said.

"About what" I said as I slid off my headphones and looked over at her.

"Callie."

"What about her." I said as I knew the reason anyway. But I didn't for sure know if she knew about Callie's self harm.

"Is Callie hurting herself?" Mariana said as she went straight to the point.

I sighed not really wanting to have this conversation.

"Moms told me not to say anything." I said honestly. I had texted dad that day and he told moms. So moms knew I knew.

"Why do they not want anyone knowing about it?" She asked as she took a seat in the chair that was next to my desk.

"Listen Mariana, I have a lot of homework to do as you can clearly see." I said gesturing to the homework I had been working on before she came in.

"Why don't Moms not want anyone knowing about it." She said in a more serious tone.

"I don't know. Just ask them yourself." I said as my palms were now growing sweaty.

"I know about Callie's self harm. I had seen it the night she did it. She went downstairs to get a glass of water and I saw her arm. And then when we went bowling, I purposely grabbed her arm to see if she would react to pain. And when I followed her to the bathroom that night, she showed me her wrist. You don't need to hide anything from me." Mariana said sounding almost overly interested in this topic which made me feel queasy inside.

"Okay since you seem to know everything, I guess I don't need to tell you anything else." I said simply.

"Do you know why though? Like what's going on in her life that's making her want to do that." She asked me as I started to drum my pencil on my desk.

"Honestly I don't know."

"Does Jesus know? And Jude?" Mariana pushed.

"I think Jesus is getting a small idea of it but doesn't know the details and let's just leave it that way. And don't tell Jude. Moms definitely don't want him knowing." I said remembering what they had told me.

"I won't tell anyone." She said as silence then filled the room.

"Good, now go away." I said as I spun my chair away from her not wanting to talk anymore about this.

I heard nothing but silence and assumed she had gone away.

"What do you think it feels like?" I heard Mariana say.

I was at my last wits. "I DON'T KNOW. I'v never taken a fucking blade to my wrist. Ask Callie yourself. You share a room and practically breath on each other so you would know more than me."

"Why does it feel good? What does she use? How deep does she cut? Does it bleed a lot?" Mariana asked throwing all these questions at me all at once.