4. 𝗧𝗼𝗼 𝗙𝗮𝗿

Stef's POV

My stomach was in knots. Lena and I had gotten the call from Mike saying what Callie had done.

"Lena, I thought she was doing better. God dammit I should have known!" I yelled as tears came to my eyes.

"I thought she was doing better too. I had a feeling she would relapse though."

"Okay, if you knew that, then why didn't you do something!" I yelled at my wife.

"What was I going to do, tell Callie that I knew she was going to relapse. Make her feel even worse about herself. We have both been supportive and we check in on her." My wife said.

"Okay well clearly we didn't do enough." I said as my voice cracked. I felt the car shift forward as I stopped at a stoplight. Silence filled the car following that.

We were driving to go pick Callie up from Mike's house. The rest of the kids would stay there the night but we decided it would be best to just be with Callie. Clear some things up.

The light turned green and I started driving again.

"Are we bad parents Lena?" I asked looking over at her before focusing my eyes back to the road.

"Stef, I don't think we are bad parents. I just think that our kids have things happen to them in life and we both always support them and try to help out as best we can."

"Okay, but how are we going to change things? Because clearly what we did last time to help Callie didn't work because here we are now." I said frustrated.

I heard Lena take a deep breath. "I feel like we should do what we did last time. Take away anything sharp in the house, have her sleep with us for now, check in on her, keep her closely monitored. Maybe try a different therapist. I think last time we didn't ask her what she wanted. We just made the decisions for her."

"Okay Lena, well what she wants is to be alone and that is the last thing that is going to happen." I said as we pulled into Mike's driveway.

"So much for a romantic night." I said under my breath as I was pissed. I was upset about what Callie had done. I wish she would have just come to us about it. Or even talked to one of her siblings. Anything but cutting herself. It hurt both my wife and I so bad inside. She didn't understand how much we loved her and I had no clue what was going on in that kids head. It was always so hard to read her.

"Babe, we will figure this out. Don't worry. We will take it one step at a time." My wife said as we both got out of the car.

We saw the front door open and out stormed Callie with Mike following closely behind her.

I saw her eyes. They were so cold and I could tell she was mad at the world. She got closer to us as her face was solemn.

"Cal-"

She quickly brushed passed me as I tried to grab her right arm but she got out of my grasp.

"Hey! You get back here!" I yelled sternly. God I was so scared. I had no clue what she was going to do next.

She turned around harshly "Relax, I'm just going to the car, god." She said irritated as she opened the back door and got in slamming the door.

I took a deep breath as Lena headed towards the car to follow her.

"I'm sorry that I had to call you." Mike said as I turned to face him.

"No, I'm glad you called me. Tell the kids Callie is sick. That's why she is coming home with us and leave it at that. I don't want Jesus or Jude to know." I said as my eyes were glossed over.