Raven Branwen x Fem! Reader

naw bc my writing skills are still rusty

Ah! Ah! Ah!

There it goes. You've been hearing the same croaking sound for about 5 minutes straight, and now it's getting on your nerves. At first, you thought it was a coincidence, but now there's no doubt in your mind that it's who you think it is. You grab a coat and head outside, you walk out to your porch and there is that irritating raven.

"Raven?"

The raven croaks and flies towards you, and then before you know it, there stood the red-eyed woman in front of you.

"It took you long enough." She scoffs, pushing past you and walking inside. You roll your eyes, she always had this annoying tendency to just go inside your home whenever she felt like it. "You know, there's this thing called a door, and you can just knock on it whenever you want to come in. You also have a semblance that can just take you to me whenever you feel like it."

"I was just passing by," Raven mutters, looking around, you suspect she's looking for something to criticize you for. She always does that. She picks up a framed picture from a shelf, it was a picture of team STRQ and you. She humphs, "You still have this?" You look at that picture, it was back during your Beacon days. You were always close to the team, mostly drawn in by their shenanigans, but even after all these years. you've all remained close friends. Well, mostly you and everyone else, Raven has shaky relations with Tai and Qrow.

  "Yes, because why wouldn't I have a picture of my best friends?" You plop onto your couch, "Now what brings you here? You haven't stopped by for a couple of months." Raven always visited whenever she felt like it, and sometimes you would see her every couple of days to every few months. The woman was unpredictable, but after knowing her for all these years, you have learned her patterns.

She feigned a sweet smile, "Can't I visit my closest friend?" You roll your eyes, "Just tell me what you want."

She looks at your backyard from the kitchen window, "I need some materials from your junkyard." You pull yourself up, "You could've just said that." She shrugs, "I know. I was planning on taking some anyway. You never lock that gate." You smile to yourself, classic Raven.

You owned one of the few junkyards in Anima, where lots of people would come dump some scrap metal or old weapons. Sometimes you would sell them to huntsmen in training or just regular huntsmen maintaining their weapons. Most of the time you just shape the metal into sculptures with your metal manipulation semblance. Sometimes you get recruited by a town when there's a grimm infestation, but you make most of your money selling metal.

You step around, "What are you looking for specifically?" She shrugs, and kicks metal out of the way, "Just some old weapons and whatever metal you think is best for my roofs." You hum and use your semblance to lift several sheets of steel and aluminum from the ground, you neatly set them on a pile. "It's that enough?" She smiles, "Plenty,"

You use your semblance once again to lift some old swords and guns, and set them on top of the sheets, "That's the best I got."

She smiles, "Do you do delivery?" "What?"

"Do you do delivery?" You groan, "You can't be serious right now. Where are your companions?" She shrugs, "Why would I need them when I have you?" You didn't know if you should take that as a compliment or not, but you agreed. You lift the metal past the red and black portal and shake your head at her as you pass through, she chuckles and follows behind you, "Thank you." "Whatever, where do you want all this metal?" She looks around the camp, "On all the roofs." You sigh and begin to shape the metal, the things you do for her.

"Look Raven, I'm happy that you decided to visit me, but I thought it would be tea and a chat, not house chores." You loved when she decided to come around, but you wish she would visit just for visiting you, not helping her around the camp. Raven smiles, "Don't worry, we can go drink at my tent later." And that idea didn't sound so bad.

Now here you sat, across from Raven, who was serving both of you. "Anything happening with the tribe lately?" Raven shrugs, "No, but I saw Yang a couple of weeks ago."

Oof, a tough subject already. You remember visiting Yang after the fall of Beacon, and how distraught she was. When you got the phone call from Tai that she was finally eating, you remember crying tears of joy. You were always close to the girls and tried to visit them whenever you had the time. But now, you were unsure when they would return to Patch.

"How was it?"

"Disappointing."

You were unsure what she meant by that, but you decided not to press on any further. The both of you sat in silence for a while.

"You know...I've missed you, Raven. I wish you would visit me more often." Raven takes a sip from her wine glass, "You could always stop by, you know where the camp is." You scoff, "I have. Multiple times. Most of the times I've come you weren't here."

She doesn't say anything.

"Raven, you don't have any idea how much I worry over you. I worry about Tai and Qrow too, but at least they call me to let me know how they're doing! How am I going to come to the camp when most of the time you're not here?"

Raven rolls her eyes, "Why do you care so much? You already know that the tribe is my top priority."

"Because I love you! You don't understand how much it hurts when I am willing to do anything you wish for, and you don't care." Raven doesn't say anything again. You scorn, "I'm leaving."

You get up and walk out of the tent fuming, quite classic of Raven to be unmindful of other's feelings.

It's been about a week or so since Raven visited you, and you were still a little upset, but you were mostly over it. You had spent most of your time just organizing the clutter in your backyard. It was the only way you could get your mind off of the little argument you had with Raven. You thought about getting out of the house and going on a little trip outside of Anima, but you decided against it. You didn't have the motivation for it, and your motorcycle needed to be fixed. You could've gone ahead and worked on it, but you decided to watch the news instead. It was the same story on the Fall of Beacon, and you changed the channel. You didn't want to see the same disturbing pictures of remains and destroyed buildings. You flipped through some channels, and your TV suddenly turned to static. You raised a brow before you see a bright red light, and Raven stepped out.

"Raven?" You stand up and shield your eyes.

She looked at you with a sad look on her face, before you could say anything, she let herself collapse into your arms. She held you tightly, "I'm sorry (Y/N), I missed you too."

The both of you held each other for what felt like forever.

And without her saying it, she let you know that she loved you too.

hope u enjoyed guys

sorry if it felt rushed

i'm just trying to get back in the game again