15

FaceTime

MISS TAYLOR FUCKING SWIFT
would like to FaceTime...

[Decline]                           [Accept]

...

"Oh my god," August immediately greeted Taylor

"Oh my god," August immediately greeted Taylor. Well, really, it was more like an over excited squeal.

Taylor let out a soft laugh and waved at the camera. "Hey, August," she chuckled, watching as the younger girl's face lit up with a massive grin.

"It really is you," August mumbled, sitting up even straighter and Taylor had to lean back against the couch she was sitting on as she laughed harder.

"Did you still think I was some creepy imposter?" Taylor asked and August smiled sheepishly, shrugging her shoulders.

"Maybe!"

"I literally sent you pictures of myself," she pointed out and August narrowed her eyes, leaning closer to her phone.

"It could have been a very good clone," she retorted, making Taylor snort loudly.

"Well, you could still be talking to a clone right now," she mentioned which made August blank for a moment in shock.

"You're right, what the fuck?" she said all too seriously but just seconds after they both burst out laughing.

Taylor cleared her throat and smiled at August. "Alright, here's what I had in mind," she said and went to grab her acoustic guitar that was resting next to her on the sofa.

She fumbled a little to set her phone on the coffee table in front of her, resting it against an empty mug so it wouldn't fall. She started playing the chords then, messing around until she got the rhythm she had figured out only mere moments ago.

"Okay, so, it's in the key of A minor," Taylor explained before jumping directly into the small intro she had written and then strumming along as she quietly sang the lyrics, scribbled in quick, illegible letters on the back of a receipt she had found near her.

"I didn't have it in myself to go with grace," she sang, finally getting to the chorus. "And you're the hero flying around saving face. And if I'm dead to you— Uh, hold on," she stopped for a moment in thought humming along to the melody until it came to her. "Oh! And if I'm dead to you, why are you at the wake? OH, OH I GOT IT! Cursing my name, wishing I stayed, look at how my tears ricochet!"

She played the tune again on the guitar before finally stopping and looking up expectantly at August who had been eerily quiet this whole time.

She found August staring at her with her glasses on, her brows furrowed, seemingly deep in thought. She was nodding her head, her fingers resting lightly over her chin.