51

how are we almost at 30K reads???? surreal.... thank u so so much!

———

real life

August was okay during the day for the most part. Thanks to Andrea, she was kept busy and distracted ever since she had woken up until she had curled up in bed.

She had a brief call with her family as they wished her a happy birthday and they caught up for a few minutes until they went their separate ways to start their individual day.

August had gone grocery shopping with Andrea and when they had gotten back, she helped her make sandwiches for lunch with some freshly squeezed lemonade and bake some cookies for later while Taylor had to meet with her management team and producers, and other people, relating to her job and the new album she was releasing.

She was fine with it. Andrea did not treat her like a stranger at all. In fact, she had grown very warm toward her this past week and had started treating her like she did her own kids. August was more than happy to help out around the house, even when she had made sure to mention that she was a fire hazard when it came to cooking. She stuck to everything that could have been made off the stove, and even then, she struggled a little bit. But eventually, Taylor joined them in the kitchen and she helped her out after teasing her a little.

They had a lazy day, sitting around the small pool in the backyard and tossing a ball for the dogs until they had dinner and sat by the television watching some Friends reruns. Every time Taylor let out a giggle, she would turn to look at her and smile. Sometimes, Taylor caught her looking and she would scrunch her nose and turn back to the television, and August would blush and not look away for a good few moments.

But at around midnight, they all went up to their own rooms and August sat in bed with Phoebe, listening to her own thoughts and an owl outside her window.

She was restless. 

She couldn't stop replaying that night in her head. Over, and over again. She had thought that it was going good, being out here with Taylor, far away from home. But maybe being alone wasn't such a good idea.

August pulled out her phone and opened up her messages with Taylor when a knock came at her door. She put her phone down again and frowned. "Come in," she said softly. 

The door opened and Taylor stood there clad in an oversized t-shirt and some plaid pyjama pants. Her hair was tied back in a low pony tail and she looked unbelievably soft holding a plate of cookies in one hand and a small box in the other.

"Can I come in?" She asked quietly. "I didn't wake you, did I?"

August snorted and shook her head, sitting up in bed. She turned the bedside lamp on so she could see Taylor better. The blonde smiled and closed the door behind her as she stepped inside.

"I wasn't gonna get any sleep tonight, anyway," August mumbled softly. A look she couldn't quite decipher crossed Taylor's face but she had quickly recovered and sat down at the foot of the bed. "I was about to text you actually, to see if you were still up."

"Were you?" Taylor looked genuinely surprised. "I guess you summoned me."

August chuckled and reached over to grab a cookie from the plate even though she had already brushed her teeth. Andrea's peanut butter cookies were mouthwatering.