0.6

Avery's POV

"Avery, please."

"Danny," I spat. "I thought I told you to leave me alone."

"I'm being serious! I really need to talk to you." The harshness in his voice made me feel a little sick. "We're done, get over it." I snapped. I saw the anger rise into his face as he pulled an envelope out of his bag. "Then why the hell did you send me this?" I kept silent as he shoved the envelope towards me. "I didn't." Opening the envelope, I pulled out exactly what I thought I would. My police report. It looked nearly the exact same as the one I received, almost everything blanked out. Turning the sheet around, the back page was covered of photos of me and Danny when we were together. We looked so happy. I looked so happy, a genuine smile on my face. "Danny I didn-"

"Don't give me that bullshit." He pushed me slightly, making me jump. "Danny p-please just listen." I stuttered. "No. Tell me why," he pushed me again, pinning me up against the wall this time, "you sent that letter."

"I-I didn't. I got one t-too." He breathed out heavily, before standing back. "What?" He shouted. "Explain!"

"I got one too. Except it was just you printed on the back, not us."

"Bullshit! It was you, I know it was. And what's with that creepy note? 'I'm watching you, Danny'."

"I don't know!" I yelled. "Mine said 'I'm watching him for you, Avery'." I let my back slide down the wall, as Danny stood there in silence. Before I could do anything, Danny had grabbed my shirt and had thrown me back against the wall. "Make it stop, or I will." He growled, before dropping me and walking out of my apartment.

-

After getting a long, burning hot shower, I wrapped my small white towel around my body and walked into the kitchen to grab a drink. "Avery, what the hell is that on your back?!" Zoe gasped, rushing over to me and running her fingers over my shoulder blades. "What?" I winced at the pain she inflicted on me as she pressed her fingers into my skin. "What the hell happened Avery?!"

"I-uh-I don't know?" I muttered, looking into the floor length mirror and staring at the huge, bluey/black bruise that had formed on my back. Shit, that was bad. Flashbacks of what happened with Danny came back into my mind. "I must have fallen out of bed or something." I laughed pathetically. Zoe crossed her arms over her chest, knowing I was lying. "Tell me what really happened."

-

The only expression on Zoe's face was guilt. I told her everything, from the messages, to the argument I had with Danny. The only thing she could say was, "I'm sorry." Smiling sadly at her, I told her it wasn't her fault. "We need to call the police." She told me sternly. "No-no-no-no-no!" I shook my head quickly. "We can't."

"Why not?!" She exclaimed, standing up from the sofa. "You know how I feel about them." I put bluntly. "Now is not the time to bring your petty hates into something like this."

"Petty hates? Wow."

"Oh you know what I meant Avery. You could be in serious danger, you don't even care do you?" Bitterness was drowning her voice. Standing up, I walked away from her and went into my room. "Thanks a lot for comforting me, really made me feel better." Sarcasm flew from my tongue as I slammed the door behind me.

-

Danny's POV

"Please!" I begged, trying to spit out the rope tied round my face and in my mouth. I felt a hand smack round my face, leaving it burnt red and stinging. "Shit." I whispered, squinting my eyes to try and see where I was. Tensing my arms as hard as possible, I tried to break the rope around my hands, but failed miserably. Sweat crept down my forehead as I felt myself start to panic. A feeling I didn't recognize began to form in the bottom of my stomach, when it hit me what it was. I'm going to die. Struggling even more, a cold voice shouted from behind me. "Stop struggling!" Before I could retaliate, a burning sensation slashed on my back. The noise of the whip hitting my skin echoed through what I thought could be a tunnel. "Please..." I breathed. A moment passed, before the same spine tingling voice was whispering right in my ear. "I told you I was watching you. You told her to make it stop. I'll make it stop."

-

authors note:

uh oh, what's going to happen?

tbh i hate danny so much he's such a dick

i'll either update tomorrow if i have time, or next friday like usual! ily so much and ty for almost 2k reads!