1.7

Avery's POV

My t-shirt was covered in blood, and my body was colder than I'd ever felt. Everything was black and I had no idea where I was. Suddenly, a spotlight turned on and I felt the warmth straight away. "Hello?" I asked. Out of breath, I stood up and looked around the walls, looking for a door or a window, some sort of way out. Stepping towards a wall, my foot got caught on something and caused me to meet the floor. Looking down, I saw Luke. "Luke?!" I screamed, pushing myself towards the body. "Luke..." I panted, shaking him slightly. He took a deep breath in and sat up, making me jump. "I'm, I'm dead." He looked me right in the eye and made my mouth go instantly dry. "I'm dead, and it's your fault."

"Luke..." I shook my head. "I-"

"It's all your fault." He stood up, so I followed. "Everything is your fault. My family are heartbroken, because of you."

"I'm sorry, Luke pleas-"

"Shut up!" He yelled in my face, grabbing my shoulders and pushing me back. "This is all your fault. Look at me!" He pointed down his blood stained shirt, and I saw how pale his skin was. "I hope you're sorry. This is all your fault." He spat in my face.

"I'm sorry!" I sat up suddenly, crashing into Calum's shoulders. "Avery, are you okay?" He looked worried, and instantly placed his hands on my arms. "Calum? What are you doing here?" Confused, I looked to my side and saw that my phone was on the floor. "You fell asleep on FaceTime, and you started to panic in your sleep so I came over."

"How did you get in? Zoe's at work." I questioned. He was silent for a moment, looking around suspiciously. "The key under your mat." Smiling with relief, I fell into his arms and surprisingly felt safe when he wrapped his arms around me. "Thank you." He kissed my forehead and leaned back into my bed. "Come on." He smiled and pulled me under the covers, pulling me in close to him. "Calum?"

"Mhm?"

"Thank you." I breathed, before falling asleep.

Checking my phone, I saw that I had a text.

Ashton: "Hey! :-) Long time no see! I was wondering if you wanted to catch up over a few drinks and a movie at my place?"

Avery: "Hey Ashton. Sure, I'd love to."

Ashton: "Great. I'll send you my address."

Placing my phone down, I kissed Calum on the cheek and watched him exit my apartment. Waving good bye, I closed the door to my apartment and turned on the kettle. Making a coffee, I noticed that Calum left his jacket on the chair. Laughing to myself a little, I picked it up to hang it up. Something crashed on the floor, so I looked down and noticed that his phone fell out. Confused, I picked it up and checked to see if it was broken. Phew. It wasn't broken, but I pressed the home button to turn it on. On the lock screen, I saw that he had a few text messages.

Unknown Number: Did you get it?

Unknown Number: Calum?

Unknown Number: If you don't get this USB stick, you're dead.

What USB? Fear and curiosity ran through my veins. Looking at the texts, I noticed that the phone I was holding wasn't even Calum's. Placing it on the side, I ran into my room and grabbed my phone, and dialled Calum's number. My phone was ringing, but the phone on the side wasn't.

"Hey babe, are you okay?" Calum answered. Stuttering, I couldn't get any words from my mouth. "Yeah, I'm fine. I just thought I'd uh, let you know that you left your jacket here." I chuckled nervously. "Oh shit!" His phone rustled a bit, and I heard him murmur something I couldn't make out. "Okay, I'll come to grab it. See you soon?"

"Yeah." After that, he hung up. Turning his phone back on, I quickly noted the number down in my contacts and shoved his phone back in the pocket.

-

After he picked up his jacket, I got ready quickly to go to Ashton's. I put on some natural make up and threw on a pair of jeans and a baggy YMAS top. The journey to Ashton's wasn't that long, and I was there at about 7. "Hey, come in." Ashton invited me in. "The living room is just on the left." Ashton's house was huge. Walking into the living room, I noticed that he had a massive bookcase. "You read?"

"Sometimes." He shrugged, sitting next to me on the sofa. "So what movie should we start with?"

"Surprise me." I smirked. "What about Harry Potter?" Nodding, he put the movie in and started watching.

About 30 minutes in, Ashton finally decided that we should get some drinks. Thank God. It was slightly awkward. Whilst Ashton was in the kitchen, his phone started to ring. Peeking over, I saw that it was an unknown number. Rushing to get out my phone, I noted down the number and let it go to voice mail. Ashton caught me putting my phone away as he walked in, and I just smiled at him and played it cool. "Thank you." I took the drink, and watched as he sat down. After taking a sip and placing my drink down, I turned to face him. "Also, your phone was ringing, but it hung up before I could call you." He looked down to his phone and he looked annoyed. "No worries, but I better call them back."

"Is it okay if I use the bathroom quickly?" I asked. "Sure, just next to the kitchen." He smiled, standing up to call whoever called him back. Leaving the room, I didn't go to the bathroom. Leaning quietly against the wall next to the living room, I listened in to the call. "I told you I was busy tonight." He snapped. "What the fuck do you want?"

There was a moment of silence before Ashton's tone lightened up. "You got it? Brilliant. I was a little worried for you there pal. You'll have to tell me how when we see what it has on it." What is he talking about? "Alright, whatever you do, don't lose it. Right now, that it the most valuable USB in the world."

-

authors note:

HELLO

I KNOW I KNOW BEFORE YOU STAB ME I NEED TO APOLOGISE

I PROMISED UPDATES AND I DIDN'T UPDATE

IM A LOSER IM SORRY IVE JUST BEEN SO BUSY WITH EXAMS AND SUCH AND RESITS AND COLLEGE GOD IM AWFUL

BUT I AM HONESLTY GOING TO TRY MORE TO UPDATE

SO THE USB AYE WHAT COULD THAT MEAN

I LOVE U GUYS AND I PROMISE I WILL BE BACK SOON!!!!!!!!!! X X