1.4

Avery's POV

-

"Who is it tonight, then?" Zoe asked me. "Uhm, Calum?" I checked my phone. "Yeah, Calum." It had been a few weeks since Luke had been murdered. I couldn't bring myself to go to his funeral. Although I hadn't known Luke for that long and I wasn't in love with him, I kept feeling guilty.

My 2 AM thoughts were clouded with the moment that Luke collapsed into my arms, his blood pouring over me.

My way of coping with this was to play a game of my own. I'd been on a few dates with the 3 others, Michael, Calum and Ashton. They all went very well, varying from clubs, to park picnics. "Are you okay?" Zoe interrupted my thoughts as I stared into the mirror. "I'm fine." I smiled. "Look, sit down." She motioned to the sofa behind us. Sitting, her hands were placed on my knees. "I know we haven't really spoken about, you know, but-"

"Zo, I'm over it." Interrupting, I stood back up. "I'm honestly doing well."

"I know but-" A knock on the door interrupted her this time, so I grabbed my small cardigan from the coat hook and grinned back to Zoe. "Wish me luck!"

"Good luck." She sighed, waving to me effortlessly.

-

"Sooo... where are we going?"

"It's a surprise."

"Oh come on Cal, you know I hate surprises!"

"Ooh, Cal? When did you start calling me Cal?"

"I don't know, it's catchy." I shrugged, smiling to the adorable looking Calum driving next to me. "Pleeaasee tell me where!" Pleading, I shuffled a little to face him. "Nu uh." He pulled his fingers to his mouth and moved them along as if his lips were a zip. "My mouth is sealed."

"I hate you." Emphasising my huff, I saw a huge grin on Calum's face. "Hm sure. I know you love me really."

-

A huge hand was covering my eyes as we pulled into a very packed car park. "You don't need to cover my eyes. I'm not five!"

"You sure? You really do act like it sometimes." He teased, his hand slipping down my face a little. "Can you just take your stupid hand off my face if I promise to close my eyes?"

"Hmmm." He debated. "Promise?"

"I promise."

"Pinky promise?"

"I pinky promise! Now drop the hand!" I laughed, closing my eyes. The sound of the engine died down, and the faint music from the radio stopped. "Okay, wait here. I'll help you out." Calum opened the driver door and slammed it shut, making me jump. I felt a little nervous, but over the last few dates, I had gained a small amount of trust in Calum. Part of me felt as if he would never hurt Luke, but the other part of me had doubts it actually was him. The passenger door swung open, and I felt two arms underneath my legs. "Seriously?!" I yelled. "Ready?" His body jumped up and I could tell he used his foot to close the door. "Can you get the keys from my back pocket and lock the car please?" My hand reached down into his back pocket, and I grabbed the keys and locked the car. As I slid them back, my hand squeezed his bum a little. "Nice. Squishy." He chuckled. "If only you knew how much hard work went into getting cheeks like these."

Calum's hands rose up my thighs as he tightened his grip and put me down in front of him. The smell of cotton candy filled my nose and the screams of all different people echoed around me. I knew exactly where we were. "I think I know where we are!" I clapped my hands over mouth and grinned heavily. He placed his hands over my eyes yet again, and turned me round. "Do you?"