1.6

Avery's POV

-

Over the last two weeks, not much had happened. Calum and I were texting, calling, and skyping regularly, and I was speaking to the other 2 dates casually. My nights were filled with curling up in bed, being too scared to sleep. Even if I did manage to sleep, my head was crammed with images of the date I had with Calum. I still couldn't wrap my head around the way I saw Calum's dead body. It horrifies me still. Was it some sort of trick? Maybe just a hologram? I'm not sure how Calum felt about it, he was pretty blunt after the event and now he just ignores it. My thoughts were interrupted by my phone ringing. "Hello?"

"Hey Avery, its Michael." He chirped. "Oh, hey Michael. How are you?"

"I'm good thanks, you?"

"I'm good too, how is your grandma?" I asked cautiously. "My grandma?" Confused, I asked, "Yeah? The one in hospital?"  Silence filled the phone, before I heard a long 'Ohhhh'. "Yeah, she's recovering well, thanks for asking." He cleared his throat, then proceeded to tell me the reason he called. "I was wondering you wanted go on a date tonight?"

"Oh, uh, I-I don't-" I stuttered. "Please," Michael interrupted. "Don't reject me, I had to spend 2 days building up the courage to even call you." I heard the phone shuffle and then a very faint groan. "Fuck! Why did I say that? Fucking idiot." The speaker shuffled again and it was silent for about 10 seconds. "Pick me up at 8?"

-

"Where do you want to go?" Michael asked me. He arrived at my door, dressed in black shirt with short red sleeves, a snapback and tight black jeans. "I think I might have to change?" I laughed a little. He scratched the back of his head and blushed slightly. "I-Uh-You don't know have to. I mean," he cleared his throat. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you," I looked down. "Would you like to come in while I change quickly?"

"Sure." He nodded as I let him in. I introduced him to Zoe and made my way to the bedroom, unsure of what to wear. My red lace dress was stripped off, and I searched my wardrobe for something more suitable. Seeing Michael under dressed was nice. I didn't see him as the type to wear that, but then again he did say he wanted to be in a band with 'groupies'. I pulled out a black and white stripy blouse, and slipped on some tight black skinny jeans with white ballet shoes. Adoring myself in the mirror for a few moments, I tied my hair into a messy bun. "You ready?" I called to Michael, interrupting his conversation with Zoe. "Mhm." He nodded, standing up and wrapping his hand round my waist. "I'm not sure which I prefer you in." He whispered in my ear, his hand gently sliding down my back before winking and squeezing my bum. "Let's go."

-

"A concert?" I shook my head. "I'm not really into music."

"Babe, everyone is into music." He smirked. "Honestly, I don't think a concert is my type of scene." I defended. "Fine, but we're still going somewhere with music." He turned the steering wheel and parked outside what seemed like a small bar. "See, a bar is much better." Shrugging, I slipped out of the car and made my way to Michael's side, gently gripping his arm. The atmosphere of the bar was actually quite nice. Although it was very dark and foggy, the people seemed nice enough. I think that was probably to do with the fact they all knew Michael, though. Michael sat me on a table in the corner and told me, "stay put. I'll be right back." Looking around, I saw there was a stage in the centre of the room. The light wooden floor was occupied by a brown haired boy. He looked quite young, perhaps 16. The people in the bar weren't exactly paying attention to him, but his music filled the air and everyone could hear it. Perhaps this is where Michael spends his spare time. "Here you go," Michael placed a drink in front of me. "Coke and vodka, right?" I nodded at him. Looking proud of himself, he sat down on the chair opposite me and looked at me in the eyes. "Do you like it?"

"What, my drink?"

"Nonono," he chuckled. "The bar."

"Oh, yeah. It's uh-It's nice."

"I love it here." He shrugged, averting his eyes towards the performer. "I normally come on my free nights."

"And dates?" I teased slightly. "Actually, no. I've never brought anyone here with me. I preferred to keep it a secret, so then no one could ruin it for me." He smiled delicately.

-

After a few drinks, Michael and I's chairs were now ridiculously close. I might as well have just sat on his lap. "Michael?" I chimed. "Mhm?"

"Why did you bring me here?"

"Because I could see you were different."

"Different?"

"Maybe just more vulnerable." His hand touched my knee. "You were a lot nicer, more genuine than any of the other girls." His hand slowly rose up. "Most people only want me because I'm 'Mr. Clifford'." His hand was almost at the top of my leg. "But," One of his fingers slid between my thighs. "You," Two. "Are," Three. "Different." His whole hand was in-between my thighs, spreading my legs apart slowly. "A good type of different." His other hand was behind my back, bring me towards his face. His lips brushed mine. "The best type of different."

-

The next morning, I woke up in a place I didn't recognise. Opening my eyes, I glanced over to my side and saw Michael. Flashbacks from last night came into my mind and I couldn't help but think what an idiot I was. Gracefully sliding out of bed, I grabbed Michael's t-shirt from the floor and decided to look around his room. It was mostly plain white, with a big bed in the centre. A desk was underneath the window, and it only had one thing on top. A photo frame. I picked it up to see a photo of what looked like a younger Michael and his parents. How cute. Placing it down, I noticed there was another piece of paper that had fallen down the side of the desk. Michael was still snoring away, so I let my curiosity get the best of me. My fingers grasped the paper and I saw loads of thick, black letters. I know these letters from somewhere. My brain raked through memories to attempt to find where I'd seen them from. A few were missing from the page. My fingers traced the missing letters when I realised what letters were missing. 'A,V, E,R,Y'. My name.  "Babe?" Michaels groan made me drop the paper and turn around. "M-Morning." I stuttered. His eyes looked me up and down, and I felt a bit uncomfortable. "You look really good in that shirt." He winked before dropping his head back down on the pillow.

-

authors note:

HEY GUYS

FIRST OF ALL I AM SO SORRY

IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN SO FUCKING LONG SERIOUSLY IM SO SORRY

BUT IM BACK NOW

AND I WILL BE POSTING REGULAR UPDATES

EVERY OTHER SUNDAY

THATS RIGHT SUNDAAAAY

ANYWAY I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS SMALLISH CHAPTER AND ILL WILL BE BACK NEXT WEEK I PROMISE

I LOVE YOU ALL

TAKE CARE X -m