1.2

Avery's POV.

Zoe sat in shock for a moment, before jumping on me and giving me a sympathetic hug. "I'm so sorry, Ave." She apologised. "What for?"

"Not being here when you needed me. I'm really sorry, I took the easy way out and ran to England, when I really should've stayed with you." She shook her head at me, before looking into her lap and sighing. "Honestly, Zo. It's fine. I didn't get hurt or anything, it was just kinda lonely here without you."

"It's not fine Ave, but I'm sorry again." Her tone was serious, but she started to joke. "I can make it up to you though?"

"Free drinks?"

"Free drinks!"

-

Luke's warm lips were forced onto mine, moving to the faint beat of the music coming from inside the actual club. We snuck into the stock cupboard together. Small, barely audible moans escaped from our lips as his body pressed into mine further. His hands ran my body, from my neck to my thighs. As my fingers reached for his hair, Luke pulled away slightly. "Not the hair, baby." He winked, before resuming his place in front of me, no air in between us. His hands found the bottom of my back, and his fingers ran down the curve, before pushing us back towards the wall. Our breathing was heavy, and my heart beat was speeding. Looking into Luke's eyes, the music from outside got louder. "We should get back." He nodded at me, before pecking one last, gentle kiss on my mouth and grabbing my hand.

-

"So I saw you and Luke head for the cupboard..." Zoe grinned at me. "What?" I played dumb. "No idea what you're on about."

"Was he good?"

"Mhm." I nodded, taking a sip of my drink. "The other 3 guys that I went out with are here too. I saw them."

"Well-"

Zoe was interrupted by the power crashing out. The whole club was filled with groans from people, and the room was just about visible. "Did you knock the power switch in there?" Zoe asked me. I shook my head in response, but then remembered she couldn't see me. "No." People were turning their flashlight's on, so we could see. Before I could tell Zoe I'd go check, the big display screen above the bar switched on. A bright, red screen showed. Looking at Zoe, her eyes were locked on the screen, confusion on her face. Everyone was talking under their breath, just as a message showed on the screen.

"Who wants to play a game?"

"Zoe was this you?" I asked. Shaking her head at me, she told me, "No. I thought it was you?" Ignoring her, I re-read the message. Now everyone was talking to their friends, trying to figure out the obscure message in front of them.

"Who wants to play a game?" A voice spoke through the microphone. No. No. No. The voice that spoke was the voice that had been stuck on repeat in my nightmares. The voice that represents the bad side of my mind. The voice that's been haunting my every move. The voice that belonged to them.

I grabbed Zoe's arm. "Zoe. We have to leave. Now."

"What? I can't leave, Avery. This is my club." She furrowed her eyebrows. "I'm being serious, we need to leave."

"I can't-" Zoe began, but another message showed and the voice read out loud.

"Here's how you play:

ONE person will have a sentence whispered into their ear. Then, once they have ticked the correct box on their phone to show that they understood what was whispered, $1000 will be transferred into their bank account. After, they must whisper the sentence to a person close to them. The cycle will continue."