Chapter 11 - Meeting the Counterparts

(The place found the image is https://www.quotev.com/story/13357177/Au-sans-x-reader-oneshot/18. I cannot find it anywhere else sadly so I don't know who to give credit to 😑. Anyway hope you enjoy the Justice Reigns and Meme Squad being stupid, lol.)

Dream's POV

Dream was really unhappy with Octopus McGoop. Nightmare had decided that globbing bits of his negative goop in every direction possible would be funny. If you were there, it would have looked like it was raining black octopuses (sorry if the plural wording is wrong). Along with that, it was getting dark and they could still not find any shelter. 

Dream was about getting ready to throw Nightmare off the nearest cliff. He was beginning to complain about wanting to sleep and about his feet hurting. Sometimes, Dream wondered why he loved the idiot. Anyway, when Dream was about ready to drop dead from exhaustion, he spotted a hollowed-out tree in the distance. 

"Finally", he thought. "A place where we can sleep for the night." Of course, there was another reason he was glad he spotted it but I'm pretty sure you might be able to guess. Dream looked around ready to tell Nightmare what he found, but he was nowhere to be found. Confused, Dream began calling out his name. "Nightmare! Nightmare, where are you!?" Still, there was no sign of him.

Beginning to lose his patience, Dream decided to wake up Shattered, who was currently sleeping, to wake up.

Shattered's POV

Shattered was currently dreaming about tacos and chocolate when he was suddenly yanked out of his dream by Dream (heh pulled out of a dream by a dream, lol). Being the paranoid person he was, he tried to punch Dream but it did was go through his face. Shattered soo realized who it was and quickly regained his composure. Based on the look on Dream's face, he was kinda pissed.

"So, uh, what's up?" he asked. Dream's eye twitched. "The sky." Shattered thought, "No s**t, Sherlock." Dream just sighed and pinched his brow. To Shattered he was completely oblivious that Nightmare was nowhere to be seen. After Dream stopped pinching his face, they had a staring contest for about 20 minutes.

Eventually getting bored, Shattered finally noticed that Nightmare was nowhere to be seen. "Oooohh," he said. "THAT'S what you wanted me for." "Yes, you idiot, Nightmare's missing and I need you to look for him." Dream stated. "But why me!?" "Because you're a freaking ghost, you numbskull! Now use that tiny brain of yours and FIND NIGHTMARE!!!" Scared, Shattered quickly flew off with his tail between his legs (If you don't get that sentence, it's explained at the bottom).

Dream's POV

As Shattered flew off, Dream was really starting to doubt that Shattered had any brain cells left. As Dream looked around for Nightmare near a lake, he could only hope that Shattered's brain wouldn't affect his.

Anyway, after about 30 minutes of searching, Dream felt Shattered calling him through their bond. Quickly stretching and popping his bones back into place, he headed towards where the location was coming from. When he got closer, Dream started to hear something that sounded like a flute having a seizure.

(Sounds like the video above)

Curiosity won over, so Dream began to creep closer. Peeking out from behind a tree Dream saw the weirdest thing he had ever seen in his entire life. Nightmare's, Error's and Cross's counterparts were all doing a weird dance like some sort of ritual. Nearby, Nightmare was tied to a tree with a chicken perched on his head.

It was the weirdest thing Dream had ever seen in all of his 500 years of existence. After about 5 minutes of staring, he finally noticed that the weirdos were passed out on the grass from their, um, "holy ritual". He snuck from behind the tree and quickly untied Nightmare from his pole. 

Then Dream noticed that Nightmare had a horrified look on his face the entire time. He guessed that their counterparts had T-posed over him. Nightmare always hated it when that happened.

One time, he had that looked on his face for about 5 hours afterward. Soon, Dream reached the hollowed-out tree and stuffed Nightmare and himself inside. Thankfully, there was just enough room for the lemon and the octopus to fit in a sitting position. Before Dream could even start to nod off, he saw Ink's, Blue's, and his counterparts running towards the direction of the others' counterparts. Then he began to sleep thinking, "Why did I look like a giant chicken?"

A/N - Hello everybody! I hope you are all having a good day/night. I know it has been a little bit since I last updated but this dumb chapter took me 2-3 freaking days to finish. I am still having a little bit of writer's block, but it's getting better. Also I am pretty sure that this is the longest chapter I've done in a while so yay me! 

Also, for those who didn't get the "tail between his legs" part of this chapter, that is a expression that means to run away ashamed, scared, or embarrassed. Also, quick note, I do not do smuts, lemons, or lime because I absolutely would suck at that and I would get in trouble with my parents, so... yeah.