Chapter 17 - Struggles and Cuddles

(Image found at https://www.pinterest.com/jy34cllpq/comics/)

Moon's POV

By the time Moon awoke, the sun was setting on the west side of the sky. Groaning, Moon slowly got up. He saw the two strange skeletons, along with Error and Cross, playing Uno. His friends and the skeleton that looked like an octopus were currently losing to the skeleton that looked like his brother, Dream. 

Moon hauled himself to his feet and stumbled his way over to where the game was happening. "What happened before I fainted?" Not even looking up, the octopus skeleton said "We told you we were your counterparts and then you and your friends all fainted." 

"Oh yeah, heh. I forgot about that." Moon said sheepishly. The negative guardian soon decided to join in on the next game, because Uno was his weak spot. 

Unfortunately, the next game happened to be Monopoly, which was a war zone when the Meme Squad all played together. A round with them would usually end in the house burning down or one coming out on top.

Author's POV

All through the woods, nothing chaotic seemed to be happening. Unless of course, you happened to be in the middle of a war zone! Nightmare, Dream, and the Meme Squad had decided to play a game of Monopoly. 

Soon after, the Author showed up and began to watch them play. It may have been peaceful at first but disagreements soon began to arise. The war went something like . . .

Nightmare - "I hate you!"

Dream - "Oh, well next time don't steal my Monopoly!!"

String (DS Error) - "Nightmare, give Dream your $200. You landed on his property."

Nightmare - "No, he's in jail! I'm not gonna give money to a criminal."

X (DS Cross) - "That's not how you . . . PLAAAAAY!!!"

Author - "Moon, why is X screaming?"

Moon (DS Nightmare) - "Shut the f*ck up Author, you don't get to talk after stealing my last railroad!!"

Dream - "I wish I was never born!"

Author - "Me too, you think I wanted this!?"

String - "AAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

(One of my favorite memes to watch, lol.)

Dream's POV

After the "totally calm game night", Dream, Nightmare, and the entirety of the Meme Squad were covered in bruises and scratches from head to toe.

Nightmare soon decided to sleep in a tree for the night, being the bat he was.

(Thanks to @GedanNJackal for the comment that inspired this part.)

As Dream watched, he climbed into a nearby tree and used his tentacles to grab onto certain branches to find the right place for the night. When Nightmare looked to have found one, he nestled down and his extra appendages were soon dormant once more.

At least, that's what Dream had thought. Before he could even react, Dream was hoisted up into the air by one of Nightmare's octopus limbs, heading for his nesting sight.

Struggling, he was soon in Nightmare's arms and couldn't escape because of the iron grip on his waist. "I swear I am going to crash like Error if this doofus doesn't let me go soon." he thought. If Nightmare knew what he was thinking, he didn't show it. 

Dream tried to get out of his grip but Nightmare wouldn't let him. "Mine," he said. Dream tried to reason with him. "Yes, I know that but this is too close." "Mine," he repeated. Dream tried to escape yet again but the only thing that did was make Nightmare tighten his grip on Dream's waist. 

Once again, Nightmare said, "Mine." This time, he sounded more annoyed. Dream tried one final time to escape but still failed miserably. Nightmare began to wrap them both up with his appendages and the last Dream heard before he was enveloped in darkness was, "Mine!"

String's POV

String and his friends looked up at the lump that was becoming even more undistinguishable as the sunset in the distance.

They all sat down in a small circle and began to converse about what had happened in the day's events. "I got captured by those lovebirds." Error began, pointing to the lump in the tree above them. 

"Cross-I mean. . . X and I stole your chocolate," Moon stated, of course not before realizing his mistake. Upon hearing those words, String had snapped his head in their direction nearly 180 degrees. When he spoke his voice had lowered a ton. "You ate my WHAT!?" "N-n-nothing?" they both replied.

"My . . . CHOCOLATE!!!" String screamed. He began chasing the two chocolate thieves all around the clearing and in their house. By the time he had caught them, the moon was already in the sky, along with a few dozen stars.

Then String realized something. "Wait . . . couldn't Dream and Nightmare just have slept on the couch in our house?" he stated.  

A/N - Wow, the longest chapter I have written in a while. Also, happy/merry y/h (your holiday)! Just a quick heads up, the next chapter will be a Christmas Special, so no Chapter 18 until sometime after Christmas. For those of you who like FGOD, I have one being written with two chapters already published so far.