1-Plane ride home

When I think back to the day I stepped on the plane to come back to States I never thought how much that would turn my whole life upside down.

I shifted around my seat feeling uncomfortable on a plane I remind myself that I was the one that wanted to come home to the states. It's not like I have never been on a plane before, I just never liked it. I've been missing my dad and family a lot but more importantly my brother was going to have a bonding wedding which I could not miss so here I am.

Once we were safely on the ground I wasted no time getting my bag and moved as quick as possible to get off this damn plane I had been on for over 11 hours.

"Y/N over here!!!" I get excited seeing my brother with his glowing smile in site I pushed through the crowds to the shining beacon I had been longing to see.

"Josh I've missed you so much" I throw my arms around him as his laughter fills my ears. "Where's dad?"  

"He's in a recording session and couldn't get out of it, he really wanted to be here. What the fuck are not happy to see me? " he puts on his best pout face.

"Awww that's not fair!! You know I am" Now I'm sporting my best pout face. I know it gets to him.

"Okay Okay" he smiled "Let's get going Rose has cooked a big dinner JUST for you," he says with a smirk on his face.

"Don't be jealous."  Rose is our stepmom and our dad's Soulmate. She is very nice but not my mom. Our parents separated when I was only 6 my brother was 9 when my dad met Rose. My parents were high school sweethearts and thought for sure they were each other's soulmates but at the age of 16 they touched and no bond was formed. But they continued to date and had me and my brother. After 15 years Joshua feels like she tries too hard. I on the other hand didn't mind her.

"Yeah ok! Me Jealous??" he said laughing.

I turn on my phone 10 notifications pop up all from my mom.

"Ugh I got to call mom and let her know I am here, she is blowing up my phone" I groan.

"Y/N!!! you made it!!" my mom yells from the other side of the phone.

"Yes Mom I'm here"

"MOM!!" Josh takes the phone out of my hands. "I miss you. I can't wait until you get here..."

"Yaahh" I walk away shaking my head might as well get my luggage. I turn to the conveyer belt just in time to see my luggage. 

Josh comes back with a smile and gives me my phone back "Mom said she will call you later." as he takes my luggage from me "damn sis how long are you planning on staying Cali?

"girl has to always look her best" I giggle

"Says the girl in the koala shirt!! "

"What you don't like my koala shirt? I look good" I strut down the pathway to the exit.

"Yeah yeah! you never know when you will meet your soulmate" he quips waiting for my response.

He loves getting a rise out of me but I'm not going to give it to him he knows how I feel about the whole soulmate bonding if I end up with one I wanted it to be after I finish my studies. I have too much to do in my life to be sidetracked by a "Soulmate".

"Speaking of soulmates ready to bond with Kristal? I'm surprised it has taken you this long." Acting like his comment didn't bother me. He laughs.

"Yes so ready to start our life together," he says with a glint in his eyes.

"Ugh enough of the mushy soulmate talk" I groaned.

My brother was one of the "lucky ones" born with a soulmark. The Doctors thought I had one but being that it is rare for a female to have one almost impossible it just turned out to be a birthmark on the back of my neck. Thank goodness. Having a soulmark helps you find your soulmate which on average 1 out of 1,000,000 finds their match, with a soulmark, it's not a matter of if, more like when you will find that person that is made just for you. It starts at the age of 16 All you had to do is touch and you would form an unbreakable bond. Some people went to the extreme to prevent the bond by wearing gloves and cover-ups to stop any accidental bonding. Some people want to find love on their own without bonding natural love they called it, some just don't want it, or if your like my brother wanted to wait to bond and have a Bonding Wedding. I on the other had just wanted to live my life the way I wanted to not the way "the Bond" wanted me to. Don't get me wrong I like the idea that there is someone out in this world made just for me.  Most people don't like the fact that if your soulmate died after you bonded you would most likely die from heartbreak shortly after depending on someone that much scares me. My brother says I would change my mind once and if I found my Soulmate but I don't think so.

Finally, we exit the airport and I step out into the hot California day. I take a deep breath "home sweet home"

"Oh fuck yeah! I just love these 105 heat days!!" My brother deadpans.

"But it's dry heat" I used to hate when people would say that but after living 3 years in Seoul Korea I finally understand why people say it.