1♡»- Morning rush

Rushing through the deserted corridors of the school, your feet struggle to balance with your speed. The morning sun had emerged not long ago and students had yet to arrive but here you were, strutting just outside your classroom panting like a dog. You eye your desk and sighed.

There it was, a small container fastened in a multicolored handkerchief. It settled neatly on top of your table with a note attached to the folds.

Although you were disgruntled realizing how you failed to catch the person once again, you were interested in what they had to share. Over the past few months, a mysterious suitor was sneaking special gifts at your desk. It came as a surprise how casual it was. The gift was often accompanied by a brief note, the person holding the pen expressed their sentiment through short sentences.

The gifts and letters never failed to amaze you. It was as if the person knew you personally.

You kept a close eye on the people you interacted with within the school but nothing was unusual, in your perspective. Whoever the secret individual was, they were sly. Never letting anything about their identity or motive slip. Their handwriting is often purposely mixed up to bring confusion. 

Although you cared more about the person behind the gesture, you admired the way they put so much time and effort into offering you gifts. It was frustrating sometimes knowing you couldn't thank or talk to them personally, but you were confident that they were aware that you were thankful.

You weren't trying to take advance of them by any means. But knowing somebody else cares for you in a thoughtful adoring manner made you feel special. The gesture of receiving gifts and letters not once bothered you. It was always written politely, they came off respectful but also frequently blunt.

Pulling the wooden chair closer, you made yourself comfortable. Your nose breathed in the savory taste of a fresh home-cooked meal. You could practically feel your mouth watering just from the sight and scent of the food.

﹥ˏˋ♡̩͙♡̩̩̥͙♡̩̥̩ 

Kita didn't know how it started. Maybe it was the stolen glances of admiration or the way your subtle smile makes his heart quake nervously. Kita was a simple man, he didn't care much for looks or fancy things. Kita was the type to love the small things about you.

The way your lips twist into a shy smile whenever he turns to ask you something, your brief yet sweet greetings every morning. If there's one thing that Kita loved about you was you.

How you carried yourself, the way your face brightens up when you're doing the things you enjoy. Kita thinks you're the most beautiful person when you're doing something you love, it's a rare thing. 

Your insecurities were what he loves best, he sees them as beautiful when you think otherwise. He makes an effort to tell you how proud he is when you passed a test or achieve something, tutoring you when you needed help. Although you merely see it as a friendly gesture from a classmate, Kita doesn't mind. He likes to show his love in a gentle calm way that doesn't make you uncomfortable.

Kita was unsure of his feelings when he find himself fascinated by the neat things you do every day. Skipping to school, purchasing your favorite drink during lunch, and the crease on your brows when you found a question difficult.

Kita didn't understand it at first until his grandmother pointed it outdoor him.  "Ah! My Shin-chan is grown up. That just means you are in love, reminds me of how I and your grandfather fell in love." That's how he discovered his developing crush on his seatmate.

As his grandmother told him nostalgic stories from her old days, it was clear why his heart beats anxiously when you get a little too close or when his knuckles accidentally brush against each other in class. "When your grandfather and I were younger, I did everything so I could see him every day. I wore short skirts and squealed whenever he glanced back at me."

That made him choke on his tea.

"When you're in love, you find yourself fascinated about everything about them. Not in a strange way, more of a curious delicate manner when one is in love." His grandmother whispered.

"In love?" He repeated, staring at his reflection on the hot surface of the green tea. Kita has never grasped that feeling of loving another person other than his family, but he also wasn't the kind to set aside his feelings. He was honest with others and himself.

The idea for the gifts came from his grandmother's old box. "Your grandfather spoiled me rotten back then," she began, a smile slowly appearing. "He'd write me letters and he even grew a garden full of flowers for me. Your old man was romantic!"

Kita couldn't help but smile himself, "Do you still love him?"

"I do, he always made me feel special and appreciated. His gifts never fail to make me smile even on the worst of days. "

﹥ˏˋ♡̩͙♡̩̩̥͙♡̩̥̩ 

Content warning: There will be mentions of bullying (not from Kita or directed to the reader) Emotionally and physically (slight), Curse words, and tiny angst.

Grammar mistakes are to be expected.Thank you for reading I hope you enjoy!