23♡»- Home

[ haven't updated in months but I'm back?? I'm sorry. ]

Kita picked up the phone right away, heavy breathing evident from how he ran to answer the phone. You couldn't see his face, but you could tell that he was smiling. After hearing the news of you coming back to Japan, he's been telling you how excited he is. He says he's been cleaning the house often to make sure nothing is messy and keeps on tidying up the field.

You think it's adorable how excited and patient he is. After all, it has been so long since you last saw each other in person.

Kita has been looking forward to your return. Now, he couldn't contain his excitement when you're already in Japan. He's picking you up at the airport to head to your parent's house and they were just as excited. They've been supportive of your relationship with Kita, who they admired.

When you first introduced them to Kita they were always welcoming of him. They say they prefer him over any guy, going as far as telling him to call them mother and father. They may have been a little overwhelmed with their admiration but that was already expected, Kita managed to charm them right away with his attractive face and good manners.

Your parents had wanted dinner with you as soon as you returned. Your mother had cooked all your favorite (might have included tofu hamburger for Shinsuke). You would be staying at your childhood home for the first week before staying at Kita's for the remainder of your short stay. He had a lot in mind, he told you.

Gripping your bags tightly, you felt a strange uneasy feeling creep in. It would be the first time in months but finally, you were home. It felt rather good to be back. Everything about the airport is busy, exhausting, and rather crowded. You've only been here on a few occasions, to see some family members off and to leave abroad.

It's cold even with the building's unique heating system. You wore thick layers to protect yourself yet the cold still managed to affect you.

Your eyes were tired and heavy from the long trip, you felt as if they were about to close in mere seconds if it weren't for the cheap coffee you ordered a few hours ago. But there is no way you could miss his familiar and unique hair color. Familiarity took over whatever exhaustion you were feeling.

He stands tall, sporting a neat thick coat. Kita is a bit different than before. Now his hair was shorter, his body broader and he tanned slightly from all the work under the sun. You had to admit, he appeared even more attractive with this mature and cleaner look. Kita is busy glancing around. His arms are nervously glued to his side as he busies himself in looking for you.

He's quick to realize someone is staring at him. Kita turns his head slowly, only for him to catch your eyes.

There was a brief period of shock, which made him freeze in place. When Kita is sure it's you, he takes long strides, tempting to run but he maintains his composure. Kita stops in front of you. His smile was a mixture of relief and mostly happiness.

You drop your luggage to the ground, earning a soft thud. ''Shinsuke I'm back." Kita's expression didn't drop. It was filled with utmost affection and joy seeing you in front of him. He's overjoyed at the thought of finally seeing you again. His thick fingers interlocked with yours, his being ruff and large but managed to squeeze your hands with ease and tenderness.

"Welcome home"

-

For the remainder of the car drive to your parent's house, Kita had held your hand while the two of you were busy catching up. He kept his eyes on the road, sometimes taking sneaky glances only to look away with a sly smile. "How is granny?" You wanted to ask how the old woman was doing, after all, you missed her. He had often mentioned her to you, but you thought it was best to hear about it in person.