11♡»-Wedding booth

𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄𝐒: Check out my Heart of Glass series if you're interested in true crime. ⌫

As the clock slowly told you that it was time for Lunch, Kita was already dragging you towards the deserted school garden. People were still busy with their events, some stayed behind to have fun but Kita needed to take a break from all that walking. "People usually don't come here." He mumbled, sitting beside you at a bench.

You didn't understand why because the garden was well maintained. It somehow reminded you of Kita's garden, filled with beautiful flowers that brightened each corner, it wasn't hot, the branches of nearby trees shuddered peacefully as they blocked away from the glints of the raw sun.

The School garden was a lovely spot, truly. Quiet but a sight for sore eyes, a few stray leaves from here and there but it only adds to the aesthetic. Even from a distance, you could still hear the loud chattering of the energetic crowd. "Do you come here often?" You asked.

"In rare occasions when I need somewhere quiet to study." He said, pointing out how noisy the school library is in the exam week when it's crammed with overwhelmed students. Having been busy with Festival preparations, Kita had no time to spare preparing lunch so he settled with a sandwich he bought at a local convenience store.

Although he does prefer a home-cooked meal, he doesn't mind a good sandwich. "I would have cooked us both some food but I was busy." Kita passed you a sandwich, your favorite kind. "Thank you, Kita. It's no worries, I know we're all busy." You appreciated the thought. "Maybe I can bring lunch tomorrow, I can cook."

It seemed to have caught his interest, a spark of curiosity in his eyes evident from the way he tilted his head in question. "You can?"

You pouted playfully, "You don't think I can?" Kita shook his head and chuckled lowly, "It's not that, I just remembered a specific incident." He peered back up to meet your sheepish manner, also recollecting an awkward memory from last year. "I swear I've improved. I don't make the food explode anymore."

You weren't exactly delighted with the memory, you got criticized by the teacher for being careless, which you weren't, you just had trouble finding the precise portions for baking soda.

"I look forward to it then, what will you make?" Kita said an almost animated lilt in his tone. "Not sure, maybe your favorite? I want to make something you would at least like."

Kita continued to converse with you, talking about his favorite food and the fond memories he had with his grandmother while cooking. He found it easy, so easy. Words kept on running away, he loved the feeling of being able to talk so willingly and confidently.

He was a practical man. Always reasoning before speaking became a routine for Kita. He knows how to react to a serious conversation, read the room when needed, and never let his emotions get the better of him. It came as a surprise how simple it was to talk to you. He was still honest and straightforward.

"You know what I love about your garden the most? The flowers, it just gives a nice vibe and it's pretty."

"Do you like flowers?" He asked in amusement, "Well, yeah. I think everyone does. "

"Then I'll plant a whole garden full of your favorite flowers." He sounded serious, but at the same time, it was difficult for you to read him.

You would have continued the conversation if it weren't so abruptly interrupted by your phone. "I'm sorry, I should pick this up. It's taro, so it might be about our event."

Picking up the phone, you could hear Taro's heavy breathing from the other side. Immediately, you began to worry. "(Name)! Come to class B-4 this instant!" He yelled through the phone. You pulled away, "Taro what's going on?"

"Just hurry! Something happened and we need you to come here. Bring Kita too, Atsumu is fighting with someone."

Kita overheard, but his face didn't seem too bothered. He got used to the news of Atsumu getting into fights, mainly with his twin brother who shared the same DNA as him. You could see a disappointed stare from Kita, you didn't know if it was because your conversation was cut short or the fact that there was trouble for him to sort out.

"We'll be there, we're not that far from the building."

"Gosh, where the hell are you two anyway?! Far from the building? Did you guys sneak out to make out?"

You cut off the call and stood up to leave. Kita did the same, walking beside you as you hurry inside the building. There were more people than the hour before, it wasn't new, but it still bothered you knowing you had to squeeze past a hoard of sweaty people. Kita didn't let go of your hand as he pushed his way through the crowd, occasionally mumbling an apology when he stepped on a shoe or bumped into a person.

As you neared the classroom, you saw the familiar figures of your classmates and friends standing outside. "A wedding booth? Don't tell me Atsumu accidentally got married." It seemed Kita was thinking the same thing but didn't bother to speak. Kita approached Atsumu who had his back turned to the crowd.

Atsumu was talking with a group of students, the ones in charge of the booth. "There they are!" A woman squealed, followed by more screaming from others. "What's going on here?" Kita said sternly, looking up at his underclassmen.

No one bothered to reply when they were busy snatching off his blazer.

"Get the veil!" You were next, two girls had approached you from behind and positioned a long veil on top of your head, the fabric ending behind your thighs. One student had forcefully pushed a bouquet of fresh white flowers to your grip.

In the quick minute that you were snatched and dressed by the students, there was a gentle mellow music in the background, seemingly for a wedding. Atsumu was silently encouraging the people, along with his teammates. You recognized a few people from the crowd, your classmates, and two of your close friends.

Kita adjusted the tie that was hastily fastened on his neck, glancing at his teammates. His eyes met Aran's, who quickly looked away, and then Atsumu who mouthed, "We paid for that." Atsumu looked proud despite the nervous looks his teammates lent him.

"Why are we here?" He asked a male student. "To get married, duh."
With the veil on along with the crowd, it was hot. People kept pushing and screaming into your ears. Kita's once neat hair was now matted to his forehead because of the sweat.

"Are we seriously getting married without us even knowing?" You joked, "I guess." you wondered how he can be so nonchalant in every situation, even at the most awkward.

Kita is far from unconcerned. His expression may appear to be calm on the outside but his heart is pounding in his chest. "Say your vows!" The supposed priest said, "We don't have all day."

In your current stare of uneasiness and humiliation being in front of a huge crowd, it was difficult to think. The pause is long and awkward. Kita's lips twitched into a straight line. Gently clasping your hand, which took you by surprise, his mood changed drastically. Kita lightly rubbed your fingers with his thumb in a gentle attempt to calm you.

His eyes met yours, a soft glow evident, you found yourself fascinated by the way the sunlight reflected his brown eyes. "With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never empty, for I will be your wine. "

A student passed him a ring. He glanced back at you, pausing for your reaction. You nodded slowly, permitting him to continue. "I will light your way in darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine."

"Okay now kiss!"

﹥ˏˋ♡̩͙♡̩̩̥͙♡̩̥̩

Oh yeah, I kinda added something new to the first chapter.

In The Garden |♡︎♥︎ [Kita Shinsuke] [√]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें