24♡»- Countryside

Thank you for 62k reads on this story.
I'm glad to say that I'm back.

I have one new story in my profile so feel free to check it out. Thank you!

• • •

Winter break single-handedly saved your mental health. No doubt college made you busy while you struggle to balance your studies with your part-time job. Your college environment wasn't the best either so any break from that was refreshing enough for you.

You spent a week catching up with your family and friends. Your parents were more than happy to tour you around (despite you having lived there for your entire life) and you met with your old high school friends. They all had their own goals with Taro seeking a degree in medicine while Rika was in Osaka taking a break from school and finding out what she wants to do in life.

The three of you scheduled to meet each other at a restaurant you regularly went to when you wanted to hang out together. Taro was the first to arrive then you and Rika followed last.

"I can't believe it you two look so much different!" Taro said. He still looked the same, just a bit taller. "Yeah, I dyed my hair and got myself piercings. I figured now that I'm away from my parents I can do what I want." You noticed that Rika was happier being away from her parents. She's taking advantage of her newfound freedom and you're honestly happy for her.

While the topic of Rika's new music career was on, the food you ordered arrived.

"Sooo (name)" Rika shifted her attention to you. "How is your relationship with Kita?" You remembered the old times when Rika was so desperate to find out who your secret admirer was and taro was the only person to realize who it was. Taro was proud of himself because of that fact. The two were always supportive of your relationship with Kita.

It was as if it was yesterday when you received those gifts.

"We're doing great." You said, sipping your warm drink. "He's been understanding and patient." It was true. Despite all the challenges of a long-distance relationship you two made it work. Mostly because Kita never failed to show how understanding he was of your situation. He understood that even if your relationship came with distance he needed to be patient.

Kita would often tell you how thankful he was because you still answered him despite knowing how complicated long-distance relationships are.

To sum it all up, there might be a few problems because of the time zones but regardless you two still made an effort to communicate. Being with Kita was amazing. He cares for you deeply, checking up on you before you did the same for him and always remembering the small things.

"We're both so happy for you two," Taro said and Rika nodded merrily. "You're going to stay with Kita after today aren't you? So it's just going to be the two of you?" Curious as ever with that cunning smile of hers. Taro only chuckled at her expression, leaning back in his chair and waiting for your answer. Sly taro, he's just as curious.

"Well yes but his grandmother is also there so stop thinking about inappropriate things." You responded. "I'm not, you're the one who thought about inappropriate stuff." Rika pouted. "But it's great that you're spending time with him again." She added.  Make this final week worth it, you won't be able to see each other again."

"You're making it sound like one of them is dying." Taro raised his brows. "I'm not, just saying," Rika replied.

"We will and I'm quite excited. I've never been to his childhood home and he said he planned lots of things for us two." You spoke with excitement in your tone. It was no lie that you were expecting this for so long. Although your stay will be short, you knew that any time spent with Kita will be worth it.