7♡»- Being honest

A switch in Kita's mood was impossible to distinguish but today, He seems to be in a particularly good mood. Aran had noticed how often Kita resisted the urge to smile. The warm smile that constantly appeared on his face was eye-catching. ''Hey.. do you think Kita-san is daydreaming?'' The team gathered around a circle during their break.

Atsumu had spoken up to clear the eerie silence of the group. He wasn't the only one who Noticed their Captain spacing out, it never happened, at least not in front of them.

Suna was about to support his claims but Aran interrupted. "Get back to training and stop bothering others," Aran let out.

"I wasn't bothering others!'' Atsumu retorted with a bitter tone. Osamu cackled, patting the back of his brother. ''Let's go.''

Walking towards Kita, Aran couldn't help but feel curious as well. "Hey, Shinsuke." Aran casually starts a conversation, trying to not act strange. "Have you found someone to help you?" Aran changes the subject. Kita nodded, "Yes, you might know them. (Name) is helping me plan the festival event."

Aran perks up at the new topic, an excited smile inevitably rocked his lips. "A girl? Is that why you're so happy?"

Kita's expression slightly wavers, a mixture of alarm and fluster. But it was short-lived. "Well yes, I am happy that (Name) wanted to help me." Kita turned away from Aran, seemingly trying to avoid his questions.

"Please don't lie, it might not be obvious to others but I know you like them. If not, fairly interested.''

"No, I don't." Aran merely sighs at Kita's dense nature, or just the fact that he's trying to avoid him. "Oh really? Why did I see you placing gifts on their table a few weeks ago." Aran had enough of trying to stay patient, he didn't like that Kita still had trouble acknowledging his feelings. At the same time, he felt bad for putting Kita in this situation as he saw the agitated shift in Kita's eyes.

Being friends with Kita for quite some time now made Aran realize how different Kita was.

He was mature, blunt but also off at some point. Aran was taken aback after finding out Kita would go as far as to find a valid reason to be happy. Being mature is great but Aran believed Kita should never try to reason with his feelings.

Especially when it comes to affection for another person.

"I'm sorry for making you uncomfortable, I just..."

"Let's talk outside, the team is staring at us." Kita leads him outside the gym, walking ahead at a sluggish pace. He ignored the constant staring of his younger companions, not wanting to cause a reaction.

Now that they're both far from the group of men, Kita began to speak. ''Since you've figured me out, yes." Aran was shocked, he didn't think Kita would admit it so easily.
His mouth opened widely as no words can describe his surprise."I- you? What?"

Kita didn't seem too fazed with his confession, he had already planned to tell Aran sooner or later. "Yes." Kita places a hand on Aran's shoulder as if trying to snap him out. "But we need to keep it between us, you know how the team reacts when they hear about topics such as this one."

Aran nodded slowly. "Okay, I understand."

﹥ˏˋ♡̩͙♡̩̩̥͙♡̩̥̩ 

Now that Kita Told Aran all about his secret, He spoke more freely. The heavy secret of his admiration was finally heard. Although it wasn't you, he was still happy that someone supported his feelings other than his grandmother. "I need to buy a gift to thank them for their hard work." Kita and Aran walked alongside each other after finishing practice.

"I can help you with that, I know a new place that sells things they might like."

"We can go together, thank you," Kita said. "By the way, are you going to give this to (Name) in secret too?" Aran asked, feeling disappointed Kita would spend this much effort and not reveal himself. "Yes, but only this one time."

Aran was stunned but still pleased about his friend's sudden boost of confidence. "What made you change your mind all of the sudden?"

Kita merely gave a small smile, his face glowed from how the afternoon sun hit his face with warmth. "I usually prefer to watch from afar. It makes me happy just knowing (Name) feels special. I don't want to make them uncomfortable because of my feelings so I wasn't that forward."

"Today made me realize that being honest with my feelings is such a relief."

﹥ˏˋ♡̩͙♡̩̩̥͙♡̩̥̩ 

Bonus?

Aran had something to ask his friend and wanted to visit his classroom. As he waited outside the room, there was a sudden commotion inside. Cheers and clapping of numerous students had made their way through the hallways, their joy was loud. Aran waited for Kita to come out and ask him what it was all about.

When he did, Aran didn't waste any time and asked Kita what the commotion was about. "Oh, my classmates were teasing me and (name) again." Normally, people would be embarrassed to be teased in front of the class about their crush but Kita was the opposite.

Aran believed Kita looked relatively Happy. "You seem happy? Do you like it?"

Kita's answer was short but honest. "Yes."

▬▬▬▬▬▬
The chapters seem kinda bad rn but I promise it will get better.