13♡»- A confession

Not proofread lol

﹥ˏˋ♡̩͙♡̩̩̥͙♡̩̥̩

The gifts stopped appearing.

At first, you didn't think much of it because it was of course, expensive. Although you cared more about the letters than the material itself. The disappointment of not seeing another handwritten note from your secret admirer was odd. You'd hope that, even if they couldn't buy you a gift, the letters would stay.

After all, their words were comforting in a sense. Or maybe they lost feelings and moved on, realizing that you weren't worth it. A faint glimmer of hope had stuck itself onto your chest, giving you the reassurance that you needed.

Exams were approaching, assignments were pilling and everything was just stressful. The endless lectures and written assignments had taken a toll on you, both physically and mentally. The thought of a failing grade scared you, yet you were still very unmotivated to work.

A part of you was distracted. Your mind often wonders about things unrelated to the topic. Taro and Rika were the ones to notice it first, being the observant friends that they were.

"What's wrong?" Your friends asked you, eyeing you how a mother would when they find their child crying. "I'm just stressed with school, the exams are near." You'd brush them off with the same excuse, but Taro knew better. The eyes never lie, taro had always told himself. That's why he found himself trying to catch a glimpse of your sad eyes.

Kita had stopped giving you gifts.

There wasn't any particular reason, he just felt guilty doing all of this. In truth, he wasn't doing anything bad, he simply wanted to appreciate you whilst reflecting his feelings. However, why does he suddenly feel so hesitant now?

With graduation only being a few months away, he's scared. Kita had taken his time and now he's left with so little.

The hesitation held him down. Confessing was out of the question. Even if you do accept his feelings, you had different dreams. You were off to a decent university and will work in the city, Kita already decided that he would move to the countryside along with his grandmother to take care of their family farm. A long-distance relationship would never work, even if the two of you made an effort.

But that's too far into the future, for now, Kita is still thinking through his feelings. Just recently, he was honest about having feelings for you with Aran. But again, it was difficult. Kita loved you, truly. He just can't help but nurse the insecurities in the back of his mind.

﹥ˏˋ♡̩͙♡̩̩̥͙♡̩̥̩

Kita had encouraged you to stay focused, he spent his free time tutoring you or doing projects together. Kita was doing well with the stress of schoolwork, although he's more worried about you. He noticed. The deeply frustrating frown stuck on your face, even when the teacher left the room.

There was no excuse for your troubles, he knew the teachers placed too much pressure on the students, nothing he's not used to but, it was unfair. "Do you want to get a snack?" Kita offered, somehow becoming a routine for both of you to walk down to the nearest convenience store.

Kita had been nothing but supportive, always making sure you eat and finish your homework. He lent a helping hand when needed, buying you snacks and comforting you with his kind but rather bold words. "Okay, I'll grab my wallet."

You grabbed your wallet before setting aside the scattered notebooks on your desk. You walked beside Kita and made your way through the packed halls. "It's more crowded than usual, I thought everyone would be studying at the library or something."