12♡»- The future

Thank you for 1k reads!

The day ended with you and Kita unofficially married, running away from the crowd with the veil falling slipping off and ignoring their yells about a runaway couple. Although it was embarrassing (wedding booth accident) and fairly terrifying, you had to accept the fact that you enjoyed your time with Kita.

Kita spent the entire day listening to your rambling, running to booths that you want to tour, and holding your hand to lead you away from the crowd. A win-win for both of you.

With the day ending with a few more snacks and pictures, you headed back to your classroom. Kita excused himself, telling you he had to speak with his teammates about the wedding booth, you speculated. He did promise to walk you home and that he would be back as soon as possible.

For now, you walked towards your classroom with thoughts about helping the remaining students clean. It was a long tiring day after all.

"Oh (name)! I'm glad you're back. Could you help us with the banners?"
Taro smiled down at you, waving a friendly gesture. "Yeah, did the others head back already?" You helped fold the fabric and untangle some streamers. Taro hummed, still preoccupied with his task. "A few stayed behind, by the way, where's your husband?"

You shake your head at Taro, shooting him a wary glare. "We got divorced, maybe because our marriage was arranged." Taro chuckled at your reply. "You know what they always say, marriage is difficult. Stay single, my friend."

Warm light kissed your face as your body relaxed from exhaustion. The constant throbbing of your back from the bad posture never stopped. Even as your feet tingled from the endless walking, at least your day was filled with fun and memories that you will surely think back to. "What's with the grin on your face?" Taro pointed out. "This is the type of memory I will think about in ten years."

"Don't get sentimental now, I'm not that fond of talking about the future." Taro like many other people didn't like to talk about the years that will follow.

Unless it's about his future career or possible relationships, thinking about the future terrified him. "Right, sorry." You quickly turn around. The long silence was awkward as expected, Taro didn't seem to mind but kept stealing glances at you.

His glances were full of curiosity, still contemplating whether he should ask you or leave it for another day. You had to urge him to speak his mind because he was indecisive. "Taro, what is it? Just say what you need to say."

Taro exhales a heavy sigh. "(Name) what are you planning after graduation?"

You paused, unsure of how to answer. Being in your third and final year of high school meant the next step was anything but exciting. You had to make plans for your future, get into a good college to land a decent job, but everything seemed more of a burden.

Even thinking about it was difficult, a new chapter away from the normal was overwhelming, but you understood that soon, you would need to adjust and continue.

Your entire future lays in your present decisions. Something inside you still felt nervous. It was normal, college is going to be tough and your life would be much different.
"I'm going to college and hopefully get a job that pays well."

"Sounds miserable."

"You shouldn't have asked then if you're just here to judge! What am I supposed to say?" You slapped his arm playfully, Taro gracefully dodges the rest of the impact. "Maybe get married and live a happy life? Get a job that makes you happy."

﹥ˏˋ♡̩͙♡̩̩̥͙♡̩̥̩ 

Kita texted you that he would be waiting at the gate to walk you home, he insisted. The sun was already setting and like the gentleman that he was, he wanted to walk you home before it gets dark. He stopped by the gym to talk with the team. Kita found out that the wedding booth was Atsumu's plan, partly encouraged by Suna and the rest of the men.

After Atsumu caught sight of the two of you holding hands, he thought that his suspicions were finally confirmed; you and his captain were dating.
The team was easily persuaded by Atsumu's smooth talk, talking about how this would be a great (and rare) opportunity to tease their Captain.

Kita didn't let them off without a minor scolding. He wasn't that harsh with the scolding, he knew the boys meant well but it happened in front of many people. Kita understood that some part of you was embarrassed to be placed under that situation and he wanted to make sure it wouldn't happen again.

"Kita! Sorry to make you wait, I had to help Taro finish up." You approached him, stopping at his side.

"That's alright, I'll walk you home." Kita had never been at your home but you were comfortable enough to trust him with your address. "Thank you for today, Kita. I enjoyed my time with you." Kita had been nothing but supportive all day, from taking pictures for you or guiding you away from a crowd.

Today was amazing, maybe because Kita was there. It was unfortunate for the day to end so quickly.

Kita glanced at his side, his legs walking to match your pace and smiling at every small touch your knuckles make when it accidentally brushes against each other. "Me too, I hope we get to spend more time together." Kita's eyes crinkle ever so slightly to show his large friendly smile, His neat bi-colored hair danced along with the gentle wind, the sun furnished his beauty with a warm filter of the divine.

Finally, he heaves out a heavy breath and looked away. "You can call me Shinsuke If you'd like."

"Shinsuke." You repeat his first name a few more times, making him smile even more from how nice his name sounded when you spoke it. Comforting in a sense.

There was a long silence that followed. Usually, you would prefer noise filling in the gaps to avoid awkward moments but you couldn't help but feel content with the way Kita stole glances at you even after you caught him multiple times. He'd look away, pretend nothing happened, and get caught glancing at you once more.

There was a playful smile on his face that was unmistakable.

"What are you planning after graduation?" Kita said, breaking the silence with a question you third years now often asked. "I'm going to college and maybe find a good job after." A simple common answer, but it didn't seem to satisfy him. "How about you, Shinsuke?"

"Happy."  "What?"

Kita chuckled, "I want to be happy. I don't dream of being rich, I just want to live a happy life on my family's farm. A simple life I will live with my future family.'' You found yourself staring at him with adoration once again, a hint of curiosity.

Kita was a simple man with simple dreams of becoming happy. He enjoyed the smallest things in life, he understood life. "I plan on taking over my family's land after high school, I'll take care of my granny and the farm." He said.

"You should visit my farm, I want you and granny to be the first people to see my creation." Kita stopped when he saw your home, a disappointed tug on his lips.

Somehow, Kita felt selfish when Envisioning his future. He was telling the truth when he said he wanted to take over the family land while taking care of his elderly grandmother. A part of him wished you were there.

Kita couldn't see his future without you. No matter how much he tried to push away the fact that your path was different from his, his mind won't stop thinking about that happy future with you. Maybe, his feelings were stronger than he thought. It was difficult knowing shortly, you two would have to cross paths.

For the first time, Kita was scared of the future.

He had to enjoy what the present had to offer him. Kita's time with you is short, but it was the best. From now on, he'll continue making happy memories with you.

﹥ˏˋ♡̩͙♡̩̩̥͙♡̩̥̩ 

It's not ending yet.
There's a few more chapters until graduation, a little angst in the future.