14♡»- Bitterness

This chapter is from Sato's point of view.

Sato has always hated Kita.

In his eyes, Kita was a perfect grandson, student, and companion who can't seem to do anything wrong. He's loved by all his peers, praised by his teachers for the simplest of things. Why was Kita naturally talented in every way without breaking a sweat?

Sato lived a few houses away from Kita and the granny's gossips hadn't gone unnoticed by him.

He grew tired of how they spoke so fondly of Kita, laughing about how jealous they are of Yumie Kita for having such a well-mannered grandson. In the mornings Kita would greet them, help them in their gardens or simply pass something over. Sato was sick of having to hear them praise him for nothing, he was angry that they would even praise Kita for merely greeting them.

They would love Kita for the bare minimum, Sato felt hollow.

Even at school, he couldn't stray away from hearing teachers and coaches alike talk about Kita. With outstanding grades and athletic skills, not to mention being fairly good-looking, almost everyone turned their gazes at Kita.

Sato on the other hand was not far. Although he was not popular with the older women in the neighborhood, he was more popular at school. He had decent grades, was captain of the basketball club, and was from a wealthy family. Yet, he did not feel loved by those around him, unlike Kita.

Why was Kita always surrounded by people who adore him like a god? Sato was more popular, rich, and good-looking. Outwardly, he was a decent boy with a confident future.

Sato found himself seething words meant to provoke. Kita was seemingly perfect in every way, in and out. Sato looked for the worst in Kita, looking for mistakes and bad habits to prove that he was not perfect as everyone told him. Sato had a single-minded focus on how to destroy Kita.

Because he was jealous.

It was unfair. He worked hard- sato treated everyone well, he practiced every day and proved that he was just as hardworking. But the gap between him and Kita was far, Sato realized.

For so long, his vision of Kita was this perfect guy- almost a god. Described as a robot for being incapable of making mistakes and emotions. Until he found Kita's weakness. Sato had to stop himself from laughing. He had always seen Kita as someone so different, yet when he finally finds his weakness, Sato realized Kita is not so different from the rest.

Kita is a fool who is hopelessly in love. 

Only a few months ago, he found Kita's secret. Sato arrived early as usual to start morning practice and stopped by his room, which was only a room away from Kita's. Much to his dismay, he had to keep seeing Kita despite disliking him so much.

Sato was about to step foot of the room when he caught a glimpse of the bi-colored hair he so hated. He stepped back again, not making a sound. Kita seemed to not notice him, he was in a rush. Just a few moments later, Kita left his classroom, looking around suspiciously before sprinting away to the empty corridors.

"Sneaky bastard, what's he up to," Sato mumbled to himself, slinging his bag to his shoulders. He grew curious, Kita appeared to be in a rush. He was carrying something bright and when he left, his hands were empty.

It wouldn't hurt to peak, it's not a crime. Sato glanced inside the classroom, eyes scanning for Kita's desk. There was a bright box neatly placed on the seat next to his, a small letter attached to the folds of cloth. Sato was sure that the desk wasn't Kita's- he's certain. So why was that box purposely placed on that table?

Sato couldn't help it, he just had to approach and see for himself. Snatching the letter, he opened it and read the contents. "A love letter?" He cringed inwardly, still reading the short letter continuously. Sato opened his phone to snap a picture of the paper, along with the gift. For blackmail purposes, when he needed it.

Sato was still careful, he wasn't sure if Kita was the one responsible, he could just be helping a friend. But it didn't take long for Sato to realize that his suspicions were wrong.

He found out who sat beside Kita and your relationship with him. Sato was observant and more willing to put time into feeding his curiosity. Every day Sato knew what to expect, he had Kita's schedule marked. Making sure that Kita was out of sight, He'd enter the classroom and take a look at the newest letter. He'd keep a photo for evidence, and remembrance.

Sato didn't exactly know why Kita Shinsuke had this fascination over you, he was almost angry for some reason.

Maybe it was because no matter how much he achieved, it was never enough to get a reaction out of Kita. But seeing how desperate Kita was for you, just infuriated him. Sato found himself hating you, but not in that level which he did with Kita.

This routine would continue for a few months until it suddenly stopped. Sato knew that this was uncommon, He grew accustomed to seeing these gifts and collecting photos that when it stopped, it bothered him more than he's willing to admit. Sato waited, but the longer it went on, the more impatient he became.

Sato realized that he waited for too long to start his plan, he decided that if he's going to provoke Kita, this was the best opportunity for him.

He had the evidence, the knowledge, and the confidence to pull this off. Sato doesn't care who'll get hurt in the process, he just wanted to finally be able to do something Kita couldn't.

And so, he did. Sato had gathered a crowd for all to hear, but most importantly, he wanted everyone to see how imperfect Kita was at that moment. Kita's expression of dismay, utmost betrayal, and despair. Finally, he was satisfied. But it wasn't over, Sato will drag this as much as possible.

But Sato made a mistake.

﹥ˏˋ♡̩͙♡̩̩̥͙♡̩̥̩ 

Writing this chapter I realized how cruel this was? Someone told me that if I wanted to write a mean character I have to write them as bad as humanly possible. I'm sorry about the Grammer mistakes or everything about this chapter really.

Also, feel free to check out my atsumu book! Thank you for reading 💕