chapter 1

16/09/2021

Song of the Chapter:

when the party's over by Billie Eilish

*listen to the song while reading, you will cry

- Willow's POV -

September 10th, 2019

Lando almost died yesterday— well technically he did die and the resuscitated him. I still couldn't believe that it's all real and I wasn't just having a really bad dream.

It felt like a piece of me was missing.

Like when I had gone through the same trauma, he went into a coma. Now I understood why everyone had stayed those two weeks. I was going through it and I understood.

It was the worst feeling in the world. I felt like my whole life was crumbling apart.

It's funny how close I was to him right now yet so it's the furthest we've ever been.

His teammates and friends came to visit and show their support. I nearly broke down as I saw the obvious pain on Carlos' face.

September 17th, 2019

"Please wake up baby, I miss you so much. I hate seeing you like this. Please come back to me" I begged even though I knew he couldn't hear me.

I would do anything to see his bright blue eyes again.

It killed me seeing him there, so pale and lifeless. I felt like a hole in my heart had opened up and he was the only one who could fill it.

September 19th, 2019

I had dropped quite literally everything and focused all my energy on him— making sure I was by his side every second of everyday.

They transferred him to a hospital near London so he could be closer to his family. I put everything I was doing in Boston on pause and gone to London, staying with the Norris'.

His mother was such a strong woman. I could tell she was trying her best not to break down in front of her daughters but it was clear the toll it was having on her.

She and the rest of his family, like myself, have not been sleeping properly ever since the accident.

I had nightmares every night and all I'd see was his body tangled up in between the metal parts of the car.

It haunted me.

September 27th, 2019

I was falling apart, a piece of my heart chipping away every day.

I needed some sort of miracle. I needed the universe to be on my side. I needed him to wake up.

It was difficult to explain how I feel at the moment because it seemed as though I didn't feel anything at all. I was numb, emotionless, empty.