chapter 4

12/10/2021

‼️ Trigger Warning: body image/body dysmorphia (proceed with caution) ‼️

‼️ Quick question: are my TW helpful? Are they descriptive enough/not descriptive enough? Is there anything you would like me to add or change about them? Let me know! I want to make sure each and every one of you feels comfortable, safe, and heard as you read this book. I'm open to feedback and always here if you need to talk <3

Song of the Chapter:

Training Wheels by Melanie Martinez

- Willow's POV -

My eyes flutter open and wince when I feel an excruciating pain travel through my limbs. I had been in the same position since last night, with Lando still in between me.

He was still asleep and though my body was aching, I had no plans to move a single hair not wanting to wake him.

I lightly stroked his hair and watched in awe as his chest rose up and down. He looked so calm and peaceful.

I took in all his features— every little detail and every little flaw. He was beautiful.

His eyes suddenly opened as if he sensed that I was watching him and we made eye contact before a tired smile made its way onto his face. I smile back at him.

"Morning" I whisper

"Morning Will"

I'd missed hearing him call me "Will". I couldn't remember the last time he'd said it in a casual conversation and I wanted him to just say it over and over again.

I plant a kiss on his forehead. "How are you feeling?" I ask.

"I'm alright"

"Yea? What do you want for breakfast? I could make us some pancakes"

"I feel bad for making you do everything for me"

I roll my eyes. "Handicapped or not, you can't cook babe. Nothing's changed" I say and he laughs

"Fair enough. Pancakes it is" He says

I carefully lift him off of me and get out of bed, feeling my limbs relief from the pressure. I stretch my arms and my back.

"Will..." Lando says quietly and I turn around to face him.

"Yea?"

He scratches his head and I notice his cheeks turn red like he was too embarrassed to admit something.

"What is it?" I ask and he tilts his head up to look at me.

"I...uhm, god this is so embarrassing, I-uh I need your help" he says and I frown

I cup his cheeks. "Baby, we talked about this. Don't be afraid to ask me for anything"

"No I know that, its just..."

"Spit it out" I order and he sighs

"I need to shower"

"Okay and?" I blink not understanding

He looks down and points at his cast-covered foot. I mentally slap my forehead for not realizing.

"I see your concern" I say like an idiot and and the look that he gives me tells me he agrees

"Okay. Shower then pancakes. Let's go." I say and hold out my arm for him to use me as support instead of his crutches.

We limp to the bathroom and I sit him down on the toilet before grabbing some clothes for him to change into after. I give the door a little nudge with enough force to close it.

Holding the clothes in my arms, I stare at Lando and at the shower blankly. I had no clue how to do this.

"So what's your plan?" He asked jokingly. I glare at him and he lift his arms up in surrender.

I toss the garments onto the ground.

"Okay, strip" I demand

He immediately smirks. He opens his mouth to say what I assume would have been some sort of sexual comment but I cut him off before he has the chance.

"If I hear a single word come out of your mouth, Norris, I will not hesitate to leave you stranded in here all day"

He shuts his mouth tightly. Good boy.

"You're hot when you boss me around" he pipes up

I facepalm.

"Just shut up and take your clothes off" I sigh. I definitely wished I was saying that to him under entirely different circumstances.

"Yes ma'am" he says and begins to slip off his shirt. I stared at him silently, the sight of his bare chest awakening my second heartbeat. He looks down and frowns before looking up at me.

"Can you turn around?" He asks shyly and I give him a puzzled look. That was an odd request.

"How am I supposed to give you a shower if I can't look at you?" I try to reason with him

He sighs and I feel an ache in my heart. I walk towards him and lift his chin up.

"Lan, listen to me. I do not give a flying fuck if you have a six pack or an eight pack or however many packs that are humanly possible. I didn't fall in love with you for your muscles, I fell in love with you for you. So, it's okay for you to not be happy with yourself or the way you look but you never have to hide anything from me. You don't have to love every part of yourself but just know that I do. I love every tiny little detail about you, every imperfection, every flaw. I love all of you. And I know It's really hard to look in the mirror and not pick yourself apart cause I do it too, but every time you think you've found an imperfection just think about how it hasn't stopped people from loving you"

He takes a deep breath.

"Okay how bout this? I'm gonna step outside. I'll go make us some coffee and come back. When you feel comfortable, you can call me in again alright?" I tell him

He nods his head and I open the door.

"Tea, love"

I turn my head around.

"What?"

"I drink tea" he says in a 'duh' tone

"My most sincere apologies your Highness, how silly of me! Do you fancy some milk in your tea?" I respond in my best attempt at a British accent

He rolls his eyes and flips me off. I giggle before skipping out and heading down to the kitchen.

As I'm pouring the beverage into some mugs, I hear the door knob rattle and I begin to panic.

As the door begins to open I grab the nearest object which happens to be a carton of milk, convenient. I rush to the door and raise the cardboard box.

The unknown man turns around and with a war cry, I launch the carton at his head, the box combusting and milk flying everywhere.

The man blinks several times and we stare at each other in silence.

I look around and notice he'd rolled in a suitcase with him.

With milk dripping from his hair onto the floor and sporting a very irritated expression, he gives me a tight lipped smile and holds out his hand.

"You must be Willow. Lovely to finally meet you, I'm Max"

-

MAX FEWTRELL MAKES A GRAND ENTRANCE. lemme just say that I had no plans of including him in the book it was a last minute decision and I DO NOT REGRET IT AT ALL.

let me know what you thought! Comment, vote, and share!! Lots of love, xx

Word count: 1228