chapter 5

13/10/2021

Song of the Chapter:

Sunflower, Vol. 6 by Harry Styles

- Willow's POV -

"You must be Willow. Lovely to finally meet you, I'm Max"

I blink scanning my brain for anyone besides the Redbull driver, named Max.

"Uh...who?"

"Oh I'm gonna kill him. So you're saying not once in the last what— 6, 7 months, has Lando mentioned me to his girlfriend?" He asks in disbelief. I still had no idea who he was.

"Should he have?"

"Have you not told him about your best friend?"

My eyes widen. Best friend?

"Of course I have. She hangs out with us all the time. You know now that you've mentioned it, I don't think I've ever heard him talk about any friends besides F1 drivers and he's met all of mine."

"I'm quite offended. And also covered in milk, thanks for that by the way."

"Hey in my defence, I thought you were breaking in"

"Really?" He says, his voice filled with sarcasm

"Yea, really"

"And milk was your weapon of choice?"

"I was making tea. I didn't have time to think"

"You think a burglar is gonna let you know in advance that they're coming? Do you expect some sort of phone call like yea I'm on my way now, I'll be there in 5 so you should have just about enough time to pick out a knife"

"Shut up" I say and roll my eyes.

"Where is that idiot anyways?"

My eyes widen and I realize I'd forgotten him.

"Oh my god. Lan" I say and rush upstairs. Confused, Max follows me and I head up to the bathroom.

I peak inside just to make sure he's not butt naked and let out a sigh of relief.

I open the door and step In shocked but the sight in front of my eyes.

Lando, who was previously sitting on the toilet, had now fallen into the bathtub, taking down the curtain road with him. Now how he managed to get himself in this situation, I didn't even want to know.

"Mate, why are you in the bathtub?" Max asks plainly

"I was tryna take a shower. Why are you dripping milk all over my floor?"

"Cause she threw the whole bloody carton at me" he says pointing his finger at me

"Dunno how you do it in Canada but that's not how you make tea around here" Lando points out, he and Max ganging up on me

"You know what? You can catch up with Max while he helps you take a shower, I'm gonna go be Canadian and make an espresso" I threaten. They both look at me in fear.

"No! I'm sorry! Come back!" They both shout out. I smirk in victory.

"You. Get out and go change, you're leaving a trail of milk everywhere" I order Max

"And who's fault is that?" He snarking remarks and I give him a death stare. He quickly straightens up and walks out.

~