chapter 17

09/07/23

I'm honour of Lando's P2 and amazing drive, here's a looooong chapter to match the loooong time we waited for a podium (and an update lol)

So proud of our boy🥹🥹🥹🥹drove like a true champion today

Song of the Chapter:

Paro by Nej

- Willow's POV -

It was foolish of me to believe that for once in my life, everything would go smoothly as planned. I should've known that whoever up in the heavens was writing my story couldn't possibly allow me to be happy for a whole twenty four hours and was probably watching with amusement at my suffering. Nothing about this day was normal to begin with.

A wedding is supposed to be the happiest day of someone's life and it being my mothers, by extension it should be mine as well. And I was happy for her, truly— as happy as someone who was watching her mother tie the knot with someone else. However, the events that had unfolded tonight never even crossed my mind at all. As the person in charge of managing and preparing the day, I'd faced a dozen challenges from the moment I'd woken up at the butt crack of dawn. Nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing could've prepared me for what I was It was the absolute worst case scenario.

22 HOURS EARLIER

The day finally arrived and I wish I could say my stress levels had decreased even a little. If anything, they'd skyrocketed. It seemed that I had to be in a million places at once.

I hadn't seen Lando once in the 6 hours that I'd been awake; for reference it was only 9AM at the moment. Luckily, Max was with him at the hospital to keep him company while I handled my maid of honour duties.

I had to ensure that everything was on schedule and ready for perfection for the wedding. However, the flower delivery which was supposed to arrive an hour ago is delayed and to my horror, the napkins were the shade sand rather than cream. Everything was an utter disaster.

My phone pings.

mon amour❤️
take a deep breath
everything will work out just fine

I smile and feel the tension in my chest loosen slightly. It was like he sensed my emotions telepathically.

how'd you know I was panicking?

I didn't
but I know you
you worry a lot
u love your mother and you want everything to be perfect for her
and it will be
anything that's got to do with you is my darling

I'd be lost without you

I love you darling
call me if u need anything <3

I will
I love you so much
see u soon baby

As I smiled at the sweet words, I was quickly brought back to reality by a sudden tug to my arm. I look over at my best friend with an annoyed glare.

"What the f—

"You can yell at me later. We have a code red" she informs me with a tone of urgency

I scrunch my eyebrows together. "What's a code red?" I ask not recalling any discussions I'd had with Jane about codes

"No time for questions, come with me" Jane says and drags me by my arm towards the hotel we booked for the wedding. We get into the elevator and I rub my arm in pain.

"Do you have to injure me everytime you need to speak with me?" I ask her and she simply blinks at me like if asked her the most outrageous question

We arrive at the floor and I follow Jane out realizing she was leading me to my mother's room. Oh no. What could code red possibly have to do with my mom?