chapter 2

02/10/2021

sorry I took like two weeks to update I'm drowning in assignments and homework

‼️IMPORTANT NOTE AT THE END OF CHAPTER‼️

Song of the Chapter:

Ivy by Frank Ocean

- Willow's POV -

November 1st, 2019 - present

Two months.

That's how long it's been since I've kissed him.

60 days.

Since the last time I heard him laugh.

I have been without my love for two whole months and it felt like an eternity. I didn't know how much longer my heart could handle it.

I headed to the room again after grabbing some breakfast. I turned the doorknob and as I pushed the door open, the bagel and coffee in my hand dropped to the floor, spilling everywhere.

My jaw dropped and I could feel my rapid heartbeat against my chest.

"Close your mouth, you're gonna catch a fly in there"

His voice. At first I thought I was obviously just hallucinating due to lack of sleep but then he spoke again.

"Earth to Will? Why are you staring at me like that?"

I snapped out of it and rushed to him, grabbing his face in my hands and crashing my lips onto his, careful not to hurt him.

He kisses me back and we pull away.

"I love you so much Lando" I whisper, tears of joy threatening to fall

"I love you to Will." I was about to call a nurse in to let them know he'd woken up but he spoke again.

"Who won the race?" He asked

I turned to him with a smile, feeling a sense of déjà-vu from the dream I had.

"Max"

"And the podium?"

"P2 Pierre, P3 Carlos" I tell him and he grins

"Could you give me my phone? I need to call and congratulate him, wait you think he's still with the press?"

I freeze.

"What?"

"Carlos, is he still doing post-race interviews?" He asks innocently

I feel a lump build up in my throat. He has no idea he's been gone for a month.

How was I supposed to break it to him?

"Uhh I'll uh check, let me just let the doctor know you're awake" I tell him and rush out to do as I said.

On the way, I call his parents and let them know.