Cloud ✤ Nightmares

"𝘕𝘰 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘭𝘶𝘮𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰. 𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘯. 𝘐𝘵 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘨𝘰 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘬𝘴 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘪𝘵."
———————————————————————

After the incident of the Sector 7's plate that was dropped, everyone's home was desroyed. Some lost their families during the process but when Cloud decided to return to Sector 7 to check up for survivors there you were silently sitting down with bruises on your arms and a cut wound under your lip with a size of a nickle.

"Cloud? I thought I lost yo-", Tifa's voice slowy drifts off as she went quiet observing Cloud's movements as he walk towards you slowly carrying the small creature. Cloud looks into the child's wide (E/C) eyes. Oh, how those eyes looks around not understanding what had happened.

The child didnt cried one bit but when Cloud carefully brings the child close into his embrace, it cries. "You miss them? Your family?", Cloud muttered. Tifa only watches as Barret entered. Barret processed what was going on so he stopped in his tracks from calling out for Cloud when he saw the blonde holding the child.

When Barret saw the wounded child, this made him mad because he can imagine if its Marlene and the aftermath when the plate was dropped. They were all quiet. Only the sound of the child painful sobbings was filled in the area after being alone for so long. Cloud didnt bother to stop the child to cry. He was merely human. He gave up his normal life to be a SOLDIER. He let the child cries with their hearts content hopefully the child wont cry again like this in the future.

-Aerith's House-

They all rushed to Aerith's House and there was her mother, Elmyra. They were on a mission to save Aerith from the Shinra's custody. Throughout the process of moving from Sector 7 to Sector 5, it was filled with caution especially when Cloud held you tight due to your wounded state.

"What were you thinking? You brought a child with you into your war!?", Aerith's mom scolded when she saw the sgmall wounded child sleeping in Cloud's arms. "We found her in Sector 7. The only survivor we met.", Tifa explained. "How unfortunate...The parents?", Elmyra questioned. Tifa looks at Cloud. "Look...", Cloud started. "We are here to let the child stay here not to get interrogated. So help us".

They were all silent until a sigh escaped from Elmyra's mouth. "Okay then. I'll help you just this once. But you have to promise me to return with Aerith.", she said softly but with a hint of stern in her tone. She walk towards Cloud and picks up the frail sleeping child to clean up their wounds.

After Aerith's mother cleaned up and bandaged the child's wound she walks out as she excuse herself to run errands leaving Tifa, Barret and Cloud. "What now?", Tifa spoke up after the lady left. "Try and get some rest both of ya'. I'll keep a look out...wonders what she'll do", Barret said before walking out. Tifa gave Cloud a glanced before walking into an empty room that was told by Elmyra before leaving.

Not long in about 2 hours before sunrise, Cloud that was siting at the dining table resting his thoughts he heard the child'a cries from Aerith's room. Thinking Tifa might've come the crying didnt stop for 1 minute so Cloud decided to enter the room and calm the child themselves.

When Cloud opened the door the cries became loud and clear than it was before, muffled and quiet a bit. Cloud sees the child on the bed as he picks it up slowly after sitting beside the crying child. Cloud cooes and gives the child soft rubs on its back or cradles them a bit so they can sleep in peace. "I cant guarantee that nightmares will just disappear...", Cloud muttered at the sleeping child that was peacefully sleeping after it was calmed.

Cloud was a human once before being a SOLDIER and was once a SOLDIER before becoming an ex-SOLDIER. He have no experience to be a parent like damn if he were ever to take care of a child before but he only saw how Barret took care of Marlene. How she grew up into a baby to a healthy kid.

Cloud was no parent material but seeing the child that he's holding onto now makes him feel like one otherwise. Cloud stays with the child the whole night that the next day he was awaken by Tifa as she caught him sleeping while siting up holding onto the sleeping child.

"Had a goodnight's sleep?", Tifa teased a bit but in a soft tone to avoid waking the sleeping child. Cloud didnt respond but he only said, "Lets get a move on". He placed the child slowly on the bed but before he can move to retrive his sword, the child's small hands was held tight on Cloud's left glove. Cloud sigh and was stuck in this situation. He have 2 options. 1, to retrive his hand and calm the child down if it woke up and cries. 2, he had to bring the child along.

He was stuck but then out of nowhere option 3 came up. He opened his left glove and slowly moving his hand away from it. The child wasnt awake but their grip tighten on the glove. "I'll be back...", Cloud whispered softly at the sleeping baby before leaving without his left glove.

Small scene after Cloud's mission:
Cloud came home with Aerith safe but they both was welcome with the loud cries from the little child. Cloud walk towards Elmyra that was craddling the child to calm it and carries, slowly craddles the child after. It stopped crying after Cloud hold onto them.

"Looks like its more fond of you, Cloud.", Aerith commented. "Seems like it...", Cloud responded. "Missed me?", he cooed. With that he claimed you as his own. Little (Y/n) Strife.

995 words for one chapter!! Phew!! Well it might not be related to the game in some scenes but eh- I hope you enjoy this and gimme recommendations if you can :')