Cloud ✤ Glowing eyes

𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘥𝘳𝘢𝘧𝘵𝘴 - 𝘈𝘭𝘴𝘰 𝘪𝘮 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘭𝘺 𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘐 𝘧𝘪𝘹𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘐 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘦. 𝘊𝘩𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘮𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘭 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘴𝘰𝘰𝘯, 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘧𝘶𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘪𝘧 𝘪 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘰 𝘸𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦~ 𝘏𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘺 𝘏𝘰𝘭𝘪𝘥𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦! 𝘗.𝘴: 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘵..𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦 :')
———————————————————————

The first time when you met Cloud, you cant help it but to notice his bright lumious green eyes. Since Cloud used to work as a SOLDIER, he tends to go outside alot and handle things meaning that - Cloud is exposed to mako most of the time as it flows inside of him that caused his eyes to get brighter in colour at times.

You found it pretty and soothing while Cloud on the other hand, he didnt like it. Mako eyes is a mark of a SOLDIER. He was once. Despite his hatred on his eyes, when you were to say a word about his eyes - he cant help it but to be confident with his own eyes.

Cloud's eyes is pretty even thou its a mark of a SOLDIER. Well, you pushed the 'mark of SOLDIER' fact away about his eyes. Its his eyes and with that, he's just Cloud and not just some ex-SOLDIER just because he have mako eyes. You reassured him this alot of times and to be honest, it'll take awhile until he'll be very comfortable with his own eyes soon.

Cloud also have his ups and downs. Headaches, flashbacks...flashbacks of when he was soaked in mako as an experiment that left him mentally broken, weak and delirious but also unresponsive. Cloud also tends to get visions from Sephiroth in which made him to get headaches. Cloud's situation made your heart aches in how he's the only one suffering with the trauma that scar him. If only you can take some of the pain from him.

You hated it when his eyes went dull due to the pressure. How is eyes shakes in fear when he came home after his encounter with Sephiroth again. You believe in Cloud, even thou you cant see Sephiroth - you already swore to yourself to try and confront him one day.

As per usual, you cook dinner while Cloud was still out working with the Avalance. By the time Cloud steps in, how your eyes filled with excitement! You cant help it but to stare at him for awhile. "Hey.", Cloud greeted. "Hi. How's your day, dear?", you asked. Cloud takes awhile before he answered. "Its fine. Marlene cant seem to find her cat friends.", Cloud said in a dry tone.

Being curious but not wanting to annoy Cloud more, you decided to tone your curious down. Cloud looks exhausted at some point that you noticed him changing at times and what's kore obvious how he's changing is that, he avoids eye contact to you. Alot. To the point that you would rarely see him at home.

Before going to bed, you cooked dinner and set yourself up in bed while writing a journal about your daily life at home. Cloud love it when he reads your journal about your daily life when he's away. Its the only way for him to catch up with you while you telling him stories of specific events you came across. Unfortunately, you realized you've been writing your journal almost everyday about your daily life, alone.

Day after day has passed, months after months, a year after year. Cloud rarely step into the house and visited you. You prayed before bed, wishing Cloud well and keeping himself away from harm during his mission with the avalance and handle his tragic past between Shinra since its the only way to help Cloud while you're at home and take care of yourself. Checking your phone for phone calls, reminding him dinner will be in the fridge, leaving a note if youre not at home for groceries. Until one faithful day, Cloud came home.

"Hey. Im home.", Cloud said but this time, his tone was gentle and his eyes met yours, glowing and filled with love. How many years was it since you last see him? Cloud hasnt changed one bit. Cloud is still....Cloud. His spiky blond hair was similar, his slender yet masculine figure is also similar but what's different is that, his eyes is rather...brighter than the usual.

Your questions of what he's been up to for the past few years seems to disappear and what you really need now, is a hug...from Cloud. Running into his arms and nuzzling on his shoulder while he wraps his arms tightly around you, nuzzling on your hair. Sharing each other's warmth and mixing each other's scent in a long hug. You cant help it but letting your tears slipping from your eyes. Cloud hushes you softly as he whispers sweet nothings in your ear. He's home. Finally home.

You and Cloud spent most of your time telling stories about your daily life and showing your journal to Cloud so he can catch up in what you've been up to for the past few years when he was away for so long. The stories Cloud told you is all about him saving people and helping people. You're happy he was unharmed during his mission. Cloud was amazed about your story in what you've been up to for the past years too. He was happy that you would always wait for him to come home.

"Hey, Cloud. Why didnt you pick up my calls?", "I was busy and my phone broke during the mission...im sorry if i didnt bother to inform you...", Cloud said as he apologizes and cuddled with you on bed. Both of your palms slowly connected together, holding each other close as if there was no tomorrow. Cloud slowly leans in close to you, stealing a kiss from your lips. A long passionate kiss that leave you both breatheless after. By ending the night together, you both stayed in eachother's arms, cuddling and spooning as you slept.

A door came knocking early in the morning. Waking up in bed, you didnt see Cloud anywhere. Assuming its maybe Cloud at the front door, you opened the door as it reveals Tifa and Aerith. "Hey, (Y/n). How are you holding up?", Aerith asked. "Im doing fine. The usual you know.", you responded. You invited Tifa and Aerith in that Tifa slowly notices the journal and dinner from yesterday with notes sticking on the fridge to inform Cloud. "(Y/n)...you cant stay like this forever..", Tifa said. "Stay like what? What are you talking about?", you asked Tifa in which her question made you confused.

Aerith notices and cant help it but to look sorry. "There's no point in waiting, (Y/n). He wont come home, he will never ever come home. He's gone.", Tifa said as she pats your shoulders. "No way. Cloud came home last night! He even read my journals to catch up. He's home. He came back. He will always come back.", you said. Leaving Tifa and Aerith giving you a sorrowful smile.

Its true Cloud was gone for years. That's because, he passed away due to geostigma. You were there when he died, everyone was there. His eyes stopped glowing that it made you speechless. After being alone for years without Cloud. Tifa and Aerith cant just sit still while looking at you not accepting the death of Cloud Strife. During his funeral, you didnt came and wrote journals and notes the whole day, letting your own lies deceiving you and living in your own reality. Living just like when Cloud was still around.

"Its time to accept it, (Y/n). He wont come home.", Tifa said as he hugs you. Tears escaped from your eyes slowly realizing the true reality. Aerith frove in place for awhile as she slowly hugs you too. Dropping onto your knees as you finally accepts his death after a few years. Recalling the days you spent with him. The image of Cloud's eyes glowing with love is the only thing in your mind. Soon enough, you could've sworn you felt as if Cloud's eyes was on you and was proud and happy that you accepted his death.

His glowing eyes will always remain in your memory until the day you'll perish and reunite with him.