Gladiolus ✤ I love(d) you

*𝘢𝘩𝘦𝘮 𝘢𝘩𝘦𝘮* - 𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘰𝘳 300+ 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘴 AND 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘮𝘦 𝘨𝘶𝘺𝘴!———————————————————————

Happy day. New Years is always the best or maybe not for some people. The car drive was so silent. You see, Gladio did something while celebrating new years. Cat's out of the bag especially when this problem would hurt you. No one was speaking, not even you. Gladiolus know this would happen if only he was careful enough. "well...", Prompto started to only got a kick on his seat by Gladiolus.

Noctis sat inbetween you and Gladiolus. "We'll stop by Lestallum if you dont mind, Gladio.", Ignis said as he looks at Gladiolus from the rear mirror. "Mm..", Gladio responded as you look outside. When you guys reached Lestallum its very festive as childrens running around and lovers walking hand-in-hand. You and Gladio kept your distance. Whether you would walk together with Prompto and Noctis or sometimes with only Noctis to express your feelings.

Gladio would walk with Ignis behind you, Noctis and Prompto as Ignis gave him advices and told him to reflect on his mistakes. "Lets stop by at Iris.", Prompto reccomended. You only nodded while Gladio took a glance at you. Iris was outside talking with childrens and when she saw you her face lights up. "Hey, (y/n)!!! How's your trip with them? Especially with my big brother.", Iris said.

You cant blame her that she didnt know what happened. You only gave a small smile hoping she believed that everything was alright. "It was good.", thats what you said. "Oh how wonderful!! C'mon, lets get you guys inside - Oh! And there's an empty room for two~", Iris said as she pulled you and Gladio first and lead you both to your room.

When you reached the room, Iris gave you both a smile and waved goodbye as she closed the door. After she left - what was left was an awkward silence. Gladio was annoyed by the silence. He knew what he did wrong but silent treatment wasnt his cup of tea. Without further ado, he broke the silence first. Please dont have any expectations of what he will say is comforting.

"Look. I know what did was wrong. Stop the silent treatment...its pissing me off.", Gladio said as he runs his hands on his hair stressfully. You only kept quiet and looks at him. "I cant believe you, Gladio...I trusted you and I didnt expected you to be like this...especially on new years...", you said but mumbled on the last sentence.

"Look. I was quite lonely carrying out missions. We barely seen eachother so...i did it because-", "Because you're LONELY? What about me Gladio? Im lonely too but i would never do such!", you exclaimed. "Such a lousy excuse... Im lonely too okay?! I cant believe you...", you said, slowly weeping.

Gladio knew that the feeling he had with you slowly fading, its like — due to his job, he's falling out of love every single time both of you was seperated due to the big distance. No one can explain your rage that was mixed with sadness. The person who you love would never act like this right?

The silence took over the room again, leaving you both silence. Thoughts was running in your mind as you pictured someone other than you with Gladio. It hurts very much. You cant deny it hurts but before you can process anything, tears rolled down from your eyes. Gladio saw this as his instincts made him kneeled down to you while you sat on the edge of the bed wiping away the tears.

"No. No no no....please dont cry.", Gladio said as he cups your face, as he slowly held your wrists while you wipe your tears. Gladiolus feel guilty in making you cry, be broke his promise - he broke more than one promise. He knows that his decision will not end up nice but he did it anyways.

Keeping your guard up, you slowly pushed him away as you pulled your hand away from his grip. Why should he care about you right now? Do he even love you or just making you feel better while putting up a facade. Defensively, you inched back away from him. Gladio in the other hand, doesnt feel good.

"I know you're sad but...the long distance between the both of us makes it hard. I dont know what to do..I feel like..', Gladio paused. You look at Gladiolus. "Spit it out, Gladiolus...", you said. "Im trying hard to feel the love from you that disappeared...", Gladiolus mumbled.

Again, you sobbed. "I cant believe you...you fucked that whore when you're away from me then. Right?", you said — voice breaking. "(Y/n). I understand but-", "DID YOU FUCKED THAT WHORE WHEN YOU'RE AWAY, GLADIOLUS?!", you yelled. "YES I DID AND IT WAS A MISTAKE!", Gladio fired back.

With disappointment and rage, you gave him a punch. "I should've fucked and dated with someone else if i knew...", your words triggered his anger. "Heyya guys! We heard yellings and- what the...", Prompto paused that stopped the others from entering as he witnessed Gladio returned his punch for you as your lips bleed.

"Gladio! Why did you do that?!", Iris said as she ran towards your side. "FUCK YOU!! FUCK EVERYTHING AND I HATE YOU!! I FUCKING HATE YOU!! I WISH I HAD NEVER MET YOU!!", you yelled, expressing every single emotions. You should've known. The instincts that you felt, you should've believed it.

Gladio steps towards you and grabs onto your collar. "GLADIO!", Iris yelled, "Hey!! Chill out, Gladio!!", Noctis pushed himself in and tried to stop him. Gladio then pulled you close to him, both of your eyes glaring, "What did you just say? Dollface?", he growled. "FUCK IT!!", you pushed him away and summoned your greatsword that was once gifted from Gladiolus as you tried charging onto him but he blocked with his claymore.

"STOP IT YOU BOTH!!", Iris yelled. "GLADIO!!STOP!!", Prompto yelled summoned his gun and points onto his temple while Ignis kept Iris in place to not let herself hurt during the fight. Gladio then pushed you with his claymore sword for space but then you slipped.

Your back met the window frame and slowly, you felt your body on air. "(Y/N!!)", all of them yelled and Gladio noticed what he did and tried to reach out to you but it was too late. You screamed in fear. You didnt want to die now, its not the time. "(Y/N)!! NO!!", Gladio yelled trying to reach out to you but then, your body hits the ground as the fireworks sets off — in sync with the sound of your body hits the ground.

you loved him and he knew. That day haunts him as he served his punishments to let every good and bad memories haunts him but worst of all — the sillouettes of you and the voices in his head that sounds like you keep on repeating the same words:
"I loved you, Gladiolus..."