Zack Fair ✤ Puberty

"𝘉𝘰𝘺 𝘰𝘩 𝘣𝘰𝘺, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘥𝘰𝘮 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘱."
———————————————————————

After years of living with your father, Zack Fair,
a SOLDIER. His sworn job now is to watch you grow from being a crying little baby that does nothing but to eat and poop to a grown teen.

It all started in the middle of the night, few hours before sunrise. You didnt want to disturb your dad that just arrived home few hours ago before the clock strikes midnight, tired. He needs rest and you know it.

Zack was lucky enough to get an understanding child. Everytime he asked his little one if there's anything wrong with homeworks, school or anything that made you upset, you would say that everything is okay and you'll sort it out yourself while pushing him away, scolding him to get some rest.

Everytime when he went back home from his work, no matter what time if he came for a short visit or after work hours he will always see a full meal that was ready for him, house was spotless, his spare work clothes dried and straighten out. Sometimes you would greet him welcome if you werent studying or busy.

He was happy seeing you handling everything yourself but what aches him is to see you when he went back from a late night shift at work with no visiting on breaks, the meal you cooked for him was almost spoiled and seeing you fell asleep on the couch, exhausted waiting for him to come home to eat your meals together.

He would carry you to your bed if he saw you asleep anywhere even on your study desk if he checked on you. No matter how much you've grown, you are still his small baby in his eyes.

Now, why were you up late its because, you felt some discomfort on your lower bottom, your matress felt moist following a foul metallic stench when you sat up. When you turn your night lamp on it revealed red stains on your bed cover, making the colour harmony on your bed spoiled.

It made you panic in the inside but you remained calm on the outside. Your bleeding was heavy and you noticed that your puberty came which explains the sudden cramps you felt on your abdomen this morning.

Sneaking your way to the restroom downstairs with fresh clothes and your spoilt bed cover. You took a shower and wash your bed cover in the meantime. After youre done you slowly sneaks your way back into your room but before that you took a glance at your father's room, the door looks unopen and the sound of the ceiling fan was still on. Youre safe as you continue your silent journey to your bedroom.

You opened the door slowly and closing it without making any sound. After you did so, a sigh of relief escapes from your mouth but soon felt tingles when someone spoke behind you. "Puberty already?", your dad, Zack spoke. He's still the mischevious dad he is. You slowly nodded. "Your matress is a mess too...what a shame...", he said tapping on your bloodstained matress without the feeling of disgust. Is it because he was so used to the sight of blood or its just that he's just getting used to the blood that came out somewhere he didnt want to know.

"Kid. You should've woke me up for this you know? Youre doing well in taking care of yourself and letting me to get some rest but at least...tell me something. You made me worry sometimes.", he said. When he said he was worried for you that made you sad because yoi dont want him to feel worried for you because you can handle yourself after all.

"Sorry...", you told him. Zack only smiles and rubbed your back. "Well since your matress is in a mess...grab your pillows. We'll sleep in the living room just like a good ol' days.", he said as he smiled. You stared. The feeling of a father's love and warmth sheilding you from night terrors and god knows who's after you.

"(Y/n)?...", your father called out at your frozen state which your eyes zoned out slowly. Your father was thinking that maybe you were uncomfortable with the idea since you grew. "Y'know maybe you can sleep on my bed in my bedroom and I'll just sleep-" "Lets sleep together like the old days", you smiled not letting him finish. Zack smiled too slowly as he pats your head before stepping out from your room to get the living room ready.

The next morning however...you overslept missing out school but your father. He didnt bother waking you up because how comfortable you look like sleeping with him and your sleeping was felt like its been ages since he sees you like that.