THE REAPING

Delilah POV

I couldn't help but physically shake as I dressed myself, today being the day I would find out if my life was over or not.

I was not only scared for myself but for my twin brother Noah.

I had a talent with a bow and arrow, after staying with Katniss and my uncle during holidays when I was younger. He taught us how to hunt and make bow and arrows.

I excelled at it, being able to hit my bullseye every time, I was a few years older than Katniss so naturally I was just that little bit better than her.

Katniss and I have been very close since we were babies, even closer once my parents died and her Father. She was the sister I never had, just like little Prim.

After being taught how to use a bow I set up my own course behind our house, just incase I was ever reaped into the games I would have a skill.

I could hit three targets at once by lining up three arrows on my bowstring and releasing them with the right amount of pressure.

It was one of my talents and a handy one at that.

Not only did it prepare me for the possible chance of getting thrown into the hunger games, it helped supply by family with food. I would go out into the more shallow banks of the ocean and shoot fish, striking their heart every time.

As I zipped up my dress a tear rolled down my cheek, it was my Moms.

This was her dress that one day she said would be mine. It was her favourite.

We weren't a wealthy family, but we certainly weren't poor. My parents and brothers all worked their asses off so we can live the way we do.

I run my hands down the beautiful yellow floral dress, that complements my tan skin beautifully.

Atleast if I'm gonna die I can look good before I'm slaughtered

I pin my hair in an updo the way my mother always did before a reaping.