CLOCK STRIKES TWELVE

Delilahs POV

'DELILAH'

I open my eyes to see Finnicks panicked face over my own, holding my head in his hands.

'Peeta? Peeta!?' Katniss screams in the background, making my ears ring.

'HE'S NOT BREATHING, HE'S NOT BREATHING!' she repeats in shock over and over again.

Finnicks head snaps in her direction as I bring my hand up to his face, 'help him'

He looks like he's having an internal debate whether to leave me or not, but he kisses my forehead before standing up.

'I'll be right back'

My breathing slows as I lie on my back, looking up into the tree tops. It's like I'm the only one here, the ringing in my ears making me tune everything out.

I want to get up to help Peeta but it's like my body is forcing me to stay down, my head too heavy to lift.

'C'mon Peeta, c'mon' I hear Finnick stress

Katniss sobs hysterically, making my head finally turn ever so slightly in their direction. There lies Peeta on the ground with Finnick kneeling over him doing CPR compressions.

I hear the pain in Katniss' voice as she weeps over and over again, 'please Peeta, come on.'
I roll onto my stomach with a groan, my head is killing me. I crawl over to the group, clawing at the dried leaves that cover the jungle floor. I set my back up against a tree, leaning the back of my head against it.

'Come on Peeta!' Finnick yells, continuing to give him compressions. Peeta's body sucks in a huge breath, making Katniss cry out in relief.

'Peeta, oh my god!' She gasps

'Be careful, there's a forcefield up there' Peeta jokes catching his breath. Katniss let's out a small laugh, wrapping her hands around his head.

'Yo-you were dead, your h-heart s-stopped' she stutters clutching to him for dear life.

'It's ok, it's working now' he pulls her in close to his embrace.

In all my years of knowing Katniss have never seen her act this way before.

She's in love with him, she may not know it but she is.

My vision zones in and out, I try to keep my eyes open but it seems almost impossible. I must have hit my head on something when Peeta flew backwards into me, there's a possibility I have a concussion.

I feel a warm pair of hands wrap around my face,
'Rosie, Rosie open your eyes'

Slowly they open, being met with a pair of sea green ones.

'Did you hit your head? What's hurting? You have to tell me so I can help you' he worries looking over my face.

'I think I hit my head, I'll be fine I just need a minute'

'No, don't close your eyes, keep them open, look at me.'

I comply keeping my eyes open and looking over Finnicks worried features. I lift up my right hand and move it to the spot at the back of my head that's in pain. I brush over it wincing slightly, I bring the hand back into my sight when I see it's covered in blood.

The colour drains from Finnicks face as he looks at it.

'Let me have a look'

His body moves around my own, as his hands move my hair out of the way. It's like he lets out a sigh of relief before he comes back around into my line of vision.