Ch. 8

*TW warning: Mention of Shadow Weaver, Physical and Mental abuse

Narrator's POV:

"Might aswell get ready to go." Catra was still kinda weirded out by what Mermista said. Adora was still not home, and Catra didn't wanna see her because of the awkward tension of what happened last night.

Catra ran into her room and walked over to the closet. "Maybe I should wear something different today?" she pulled out a crimson red crop top, and low wasted jeans. "This should do it." She looked at her fishnet gloves and thought about if she should wear them or not, and as you probably guessed she wore them anyway. She grabbed her iconic platform boots and black tote bag, and walked out her room just to hear the shower running.

Catras POV:

'I guess Adoras home now." I look at my phone it's, 1:45 right now. I decided to make food even though I would probably get food while was out. I walked over to the kitchens pantry and grabbed a ramen noodle cup and filled it up with water at the sink, I put it into the microwave and set it to 3 minutes. I walked over to the island and slouched over it, I heard the slam of a door and jump at it. Before I realized who it was all I heard was a person  saying.

"You look good, where are you going?" 

I look up to the bathroom door and all I see is a fully clothed Adora infront of me, the exact person I was trying to avoid.

"Well if you must know I'm going out with some friends, what about you blondie?"

"How do you know if I'm going anywhere?" Adora had a smug look on her face.

"Because most of the time you look like a sack of potatoes." I said in the most blunt way possible.

She looked offended but in a weirdly playful way. 

"I'm going out with friends too." She finally  replied smiling. 

"Cool-" I got cut off by a ringing of a microwave going off. I turned around and walked to the microwave taking it out. "Damn it."  I squinted at my cup of noodles.

Adora looked at me with concern. "You good?" She asked.

"Yea, I just left my seasoning at home." I was purely mad at myself.

"Do you still live with that bi- witch?" My eyes widened at her sudden statement.

The witch she's referring to is my adoptive mother, and yes she was a bi- witch. Her name was Sharon last name Weaver. She always favored Adora, she wasn't even her kid. She tried to compare me and Adora in literally everything. She always found a way to put me down, making me go into a state of depression and self hatred, of course she just had to be the witch we all knew she was. She used to choke me and hurt me making me be unable to go to school on a 2-4 day standard. All of this started at age 6.

"Not anymore, she kicked me out as soon as I turned 18." Just the mention of her made me wanna hurl. "I moved in with my friends at the end of high school." 

"That's good, I'm glad you got out of that toxic situation." Adora only knew about the mental abuse so I don't blame her for asking.

"Thanks, I guess." I replied already feeling dead mentally, but looking confident outside. Masking. It was something me and my therapist, Perfuma were working on.

I start to eat and Adora walks over to the couch and scrolls through her phone probably on instagram.

~Timeskip by the Pansexuals/my fruity friends~

3:28 pm

"They should be here about now." Whispered under her breath of course I could hear her, I wouldn't ping her as the quiet type. but same for me Mermista and Entrapta should've been here already or at least in a couple minutes.

I hear a knock at the door and run to it. My platforms holding me down so I don't trip and fall. I opened the door and all I saw was the short sparkly girl and a new addition, a tall medium toned boy. feel like I've seen hime somewhere before. There was a awkward silence until he spoke up.

"Cathryn, right?"

"Oh ya, how do you know?" I replied kinda curious to how he knew me to, Adora probably told him.

"We both are in the art major, and I see you on stage everytime I'm at musical theater, you're a amazing singer!" he was so excited and giddy over absolutely nothing. he was wearing a croptop, so for now his name would be croptop.

"Thanks I guess, have yall seen Mermista or Entrapta anywhere?" I asked since they all probably new eachother, because Mermista knew Adora.

The sparkly girl out of nowhere popped into the conversation. "Speaking of that! Mermista wanted us to take you to her!"

"Oh well, I know where her dorm is. Thanks though." I replied calmly.

"No, I mean she wants you to come with us!" The short girl said.

And that's when my sanity for that day completely ran out. 

———

———

———

———

———

———

———

A/N: HELLO, ok this chapter isn't as short as the last ones so I hope that your liked this cause I literally had no idea what to write and I had school and homework to do so until I write the mall chapter this gonna be all you get. If you have suggestions for ideas send me a message I will probably reply! Love y'all- Nylah <3

-929 words