Chapter 13

Catra's POV:

Did I fuck it up? Or is she just being weird about it? Wait. Am I being weird about it? I didn't think me holding her hand would be such a big deal, I mean we did it a lot when we were younger..... Well I mean I guess we aren't "young" (compared to when we were 5) anymore.  I try to snatch my glance and when I do I realize she's looking right back at me! We both turn our heads at the same time.

Why does it feel like forever to get to the car if it's 10 feet away? I wanna say something, I really do it just feels like it won't come—

"Then say it." Did I say that out loud? I turn my head slowly to see her pushing her hair strand behind her ear, it sound like a very soft command; like I can't push back. 

I look to the ground instead of capturing her eyes. I realize if I look at her I'll trip up on my words, not just my words but also my feet.. Are we still walking? "I'm sorry—" I start to unlace my fingers from her own, all the warmth leaving my body in one swift movement. "I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable—" 

It's back and I feel warm, secure, comfort, like something I've been missing for awhile, something I only had when Adora was around.... 

Her fingers were back with mine, grip tighter than before. An unspoken truth behind her grasp, something I cannot protest even if I tried. She lifts our conjoined hands together, and turns towards me. Making me much more conscious about our surroundings, looking to the left, then right, and then the right once more. I realize we're right beside Adora's Jeep... safe, unexposed, relieved. I look down to the ground for the 2nd time allowing myself to get calm down before I make a rash decision (that's what Perfuma tells me to do anyways). That's all goes to waste in a second when I feel a hand cup my face, and this time I don't just feel warm... I feel all sorts of things I can't describe, all throughout my body. She lifted my head up so that my eyes met hers and a faint, sweet, and only something I would recognize, "I will never leave you again, Catra." Her eyes stabbing through me, I feel exposed not to just anybody but just to her, like she can see past all my bullshit. My indestructible armor I won't let anyone past... Gone. And all I can see, hear, and feel radiating throughout the both of us is... (and I hate to admit) Passion.

A/N: Yeah Ik I left y'all hanging again for a month but I'm getting back on my groove, because this was painful to write without crying cause this isn't my life 😭, anyways I feel like my characters are ways more bold or way more shy I can't tell. Anyways I finished 2 books by Ali Hazelwood and I'm lowkey making adora act like Jack and Levi (iykyk) and I'm loving it all 3 people I love, and with Catra I'm just projecting and kinda making her like Elsie (iykyk). But, either way I love it and I hope y'all do too. Have a nice day, drink water and eat some food ❤️

-450 words