Chapter 12

Adora's Pov:

I think I've forgotten how charming Catra can be.. I mean to be fair we haven't had a real conversation it ages unless it was back and forth bickering, but damn I forget how much that smart mouth of hers makes my stomach turn.

"Adora, I knew you were bad at Spanish but not so bad that you had to switch to French!" 

She wore the same smirk she has since we were kids.

I like to think about the times we used to share together when life was simple, but then I look at those beautiful big eyes and remember how much we've grown since then. Experienced more. Learned more. All without each other. 

But some things have stayed the same like: the fact she can stuff a buttload of sushi in her mouth like a chubby bunny, she can see past what the naked eye can see, and one thing that continuously catches my eye. 

A necklace.. not just any necklace but a locket. 

I wish I could see what's inside, ease my mind at the thought it could be ours. I try to bring myself from the thought every time because I realize I'm staring at her chest, but I just cannot help it. 

"Adora, are you okay?"

I hear my behind my loud thoughts, snapping me out of the cloud I was in. I was leaning over the dining table with my hand out toward her locket. I sit myself down immediately feeling the heat rise throughout my body.

"I'm so sorry, Cathryn!!"

I repeat a multitude of times. I don't think it'll hide the embarrassment, but maybe it'll make up for my actions. My repetition of the same sentence came to a halt when her raspy voice started to speak.

"It's Catra, Adora."

A sweet chuckle emerges from the same person who tested my sexuality in the first place, and I think she's doing it again. She looks at me intent on figuring out what was happening inside my mind. It's as if a light switch went off in her mind, because she certainly did perk up. She grabs her locket and leans in a little but not close and gives me a warm smile. The heat that was just in my cheeks went to my ears.

"Relax Adora, just look."

She opens up the locket (which in real time took milliseconds, but it felt like forever), unveiling what was our childhood locket. My stomach was not just turning but now now my heart was increasing speeds too. I could tell an unknowing smile was plastered on my face, allowing her to read me like a book. 

"How about we leave, get Starbucks, and head back to our dorm?"

 Being that we already payed I agree to leaving. I stand up out of my booth and follow her lead eventually catching up to walk side by side to the car (which was stupid of me to park so far). I've been starting to appreciate the time I'm making up for with her, even if it isn't long. 

Our walk is serene, no distractions until I find 5 warm fingers lace in with mine...

(IK THIS IS SHORT YOU DONT HAVE TO TELL ME, but the be massively fair I am recovering from massive writers block and my "friend" told me it's good so leave your opinions, don't make me feel bad 😭!! Ps. Love you and drink water!!)

 - 520 words