Cursed

Set in medieval AU

Xisuma, the king adored by all. He watched over his kingdom with kindness and grace, improving the daily lives of those who lived in his domain.

That is, until something changed.

It started like any other day, the ruler seated on his throne, as those who inhabited his kingdom came to meet and discuss their issues with him. It was something small he did weekly, but the villagers seemed to appreciate his generosity.

Xisuma adjusted the golden crown that rested on his head, his chestnut hair pulled back into a ponytail. He still wasn't completely used to ruling his kingdom, but it seemed to be going quite well so far. Nodding at the two guards posted by the front entrance, the knights opened the heavy wooden doors that creaked as the sunlight flooded into the castle.

Already, there was a woman standing in the doorway, as if she had been waiting for the palace to open. Her brunette hair had been cut into a short bob, with a crown of wilting pink flowers resting on her head. She wore a black cloak that draped down to her feet, which flowed behind her as she walked towards the throne.

"Hello, my king." She greeted, her kind voice holding a soft British accent. "My spouse went missing three days ago, and I'm wondering if there's anything you can do to try and find them. They're name is Iskall, they were a guard on the night watch near the edge of the kingdom."

It was clear that he was a bit stunned by the request. "Oh, erm.." Xisuma hesitated, normally people came requesting money to feed their families, so this was a more difficult request compared to what the ruler had dealt with so far.

"Well, I could send a few of my guards in search of them, but I can't guarantee that we'll find your spouse. Guards watching over the edge of the kingdom often go missing and never return, normally killed or kidnapped by bandits. I'm sorry, but there's not much I can do.."

The woman blinked, her smile and kind eyes never wavering. "Are you sure there isn't anything you can do? I'm worried sick, and Iskall would be able to fight off a few measly thieves."

Having enough of the crazy woman, Wels stepped forward, the head guard placing a hand on her shoulder. "Alright, let's get going. We can't help you with your spouse, ma'am, so please hurry along so the next resident may state their issue."

The knight grabbed her wrist, ready to pull the brunette out of the castle if he needed to, but she turned around to face Wels, using her free hand to send a blast of glowing red magic at the guard. He was thrown backwards, slamming against the wall and falling unconscious upon impact.

Xisuma froze up, horrified at the use of dark magic. The witch turned back to the king, sending another blast right at the ruler. Unable to move or run, the dark magic infected his body. Xisuma gasped for breath, feeling as though his chest was being crushed. His eyes were beginning to fill with red, which quickly overtook him completely.

He passed out against the throne, and when False glanced towards the witch, she had vanished into a puff of smoke. The blonde knight ran over to the king, lightly shaking Xisuma to see if she could wake him up, to no avail. It was lucky that the long-haired ruler was breathing, but the he was out cold.

"GUARDS!" False called for reinforcements, which rushed in upon hearing her call. They quickly took the unconscious king to his bedroom to rest, while taking Wels back to one of the spare rooms.

Something about that witch made her feel off, the blonde knight frowning as the castle's throne room began to empty out. False shook off the feeling of dread, heading back to her post in case the magic user returned.