Face your Fear- 1

Word count: 672 words
Trigger warnings: none.

Enjoy!

"These hermits..."

"They're awfully strange.."

"Grian has led us to them."

"I think it's time we put them to the test..."

"What did you have in mind?"

"Let's see how they fair against their worst nightmares."

Xisuma was flying through the sky, lazily looking down at the rolling waves beneath him. Above the shopping district, the admin glided with the wind, flying around the island with a smile behind his helmet. Xisuma had gotten his admin work done early and he was ready to spend the rest of the day relaxing.

An eerie wind suddenly passed over the admin, who stumbled in midair, trying to catch his breath, the world seemingly much more cold and dark. Storm clouds rolled through the sky, Xisuma panicking and gliding down to the shopping district. X pulled out his communicator, about to message the other hermits about the oncoming storm, when he noticed that the connection was down.

"That's strange.. I should be able to message the others, but what happened to the connection..?" He asked aloud, before the rain began to pelt down on the admin, like bullets raining from the sky. He ran into the nearest shop, Impulse and Bdubs's lamp shop, to escape the heavy rain. He could see a figure hunched in the corner.

"Bdubs? What are you doing there?" The admin questioned, before hesitating when he heard small sobs coming from Bdubs. He was in the corner with all sorts of lights and lamps surrounding him, sobbing.

"X...Xisuma..?" Bdubs choked sadly, looking around for the admin, as if he was blind. X placed a hand on Bdubs's shoulder, the male flinching as he did so.

"Bdubs, what's wrong?"

"I-it's all black. Pitch black.. I-I can't see anything.." he cried as the admin tried to comfort Bdubs.

"Just relax, you're probably blind from all these lights. It's most likely only temporary..I'll take you home so you can rest, alright?"

"I-I hate the dark, X.."

"I know.. Let's get going.."

"Bdubs, can you tell me what exactly happened?" Xisuma asked while helping the builder into his bed.

"I-I was restocking the lamp shop and some wind blew through the shop, and next thing I know, I can barely see."

"Can you see anything..?"

"O-only one thing, phantoms.."

"Phantoms?" Xisuma asked, confused.

"Y-yeah..they're diving down, attacking me.."

"Alright..just get some rest buddy.." Xisuma insisted with a calm voice, heading off and leaving Bdub's base. The admin strapped on his Elytra, flying through the storm and fighting with the harsh winds. He flew above Doc's house, before a scream caused the admin to land and glance around in search of the goat father.

"Doc?! What's wrong!?" Xisuma yelled as the storm seemed to get worse, running inside the half-house that Doc lived in, the screams coming from Doc's basement.

"Doc?! Are you-" he paused when Xisuma saw the threat. The goat father was cowering in a corner, hissing like a creeper as a small cat sat atop one of Doc's tables, it's eyes glued to the creeper hybrid.

"Doc, it's just a cat.." Xisuma chuckled while stroking its head, the black feline happily purring, although Doc had a look of betrayal in his eyes.

"THAT THING IS A COLD-BLOODED KILLER!" He snapped, Xisuma lifting the cat in his arms.

"I'll just take her away from you, alright?"

"N-no! You don't understand! They keep coming back and watching me! They're following me, X!"

"The cats aren't following you, Doc. You're just nervous because you're part creeper."

"Xisuma-"

"You'll be okay. I gotta go make my rounds and make sure everyone is okay from this storm. Just take a breath and relax, alright? The cats can't hurt you."

Doc nodded, still nervous as he locked eyes with the cat in X's arms, the admin leaving to check up on the rest of the hermits.

Although he didn't have the best feeling about it.