|Episode 3|

Art included in the chapter is not mine!

| Drained |

Third Person's POV

A month has passed since the death of the adults from the Reyes family, due to this Ianna, Mateo and Gabriella were to stay at the closest family member, Tsukauchi being that member had to take care of them, for the time. Everything in life for the Reyes kids seemed to darken as if the light they once had were drained to nothing. No one blamed Ianna for dropping basketball and track altogether. Though the people who supported her were clearly concerned at her actions but didn't want to push her. 

  Ianna sat in her room (pic above) working on her homework for the day incoming while listening to her favorite song, though she was sad her education was a priority for her. Suddenly there was a knock at her causing her to abruptly stop working on her assignment and open the door revealing her sister with a bored look on her face. 

  "Tío said he has to talk to us downstairs, it's important." Gabriella said before receiving a lame nod and ventured downstairs while Ianna grabs her wireless headphones and her phone before following after one of her younger siblings. Upon skipping down the stairs Ianna hummed along to 'At My Worst by Pink Sweat$', when she arrived in the living room, she carelessly threw herself onto the couch and laid her head on her brother's lap while he was intensely gaming on the Xbox she gave him for his birthday last year.

Mateo didn't mind one bit, he always liked the small moments he shared with the people closets in his life. Seeing that Ianna was most of the time busy with school or whatever else he didn't know about, he found himself cherishing these moments more and more after his parents died. A part of him was glad that this was the outcome of his parents dying, does that sound so bad?

While the both of them waited Gabriella made her way into the room also joining the small intimate moment placing herself between her sister's propped up legs and resting her body there. Her head laid on Ianna's stomach and her eyes were trained on her brother playing an Street Fighters story mode. Tsukauchi walked into the living room and took in the sight, 'At least they're still together.' He thought leaning against the hallway wall a gentle smile gracing his lips as he took them in. Finally remembering what he had planned to tell them he pushed off the wall and walked over to them to give them the news. 

"Ok I guess I should tell you guys now rather than later." Their uncle said in a gentle tone more gentle than usual making Mateo to pause his game and the sisters sit up. Giving out a heavy sigh he sat on the chair directly northeast of us before continuing. "Recently there's been a lot of crimes lately that the district has to handle, which means more investigations for us to deal with." He paused taking in a deep breath before continuing.

 "And because of that someone will be here to help and be you guys' guardian. Now Mat and Gabi, you might not remember them but please try your best, to be kind and respectful Ianna." He said putting emphasis on her making said girl furrow her eyebrows in confusion.