|Episode 14|

|Worth It|

«🌺»

Third Person POV

   After taking the short way to the company of her future inheritance Ianna greeted the usual security guards/worker and made a beeline to her lab as her brain flowed with ideas. Blasting music in the background from her retro type stereo she pulled out her designs and immediately started to work. "Do you got plans tonight, Imma couple hundred miles from Japan and I..." The girl sang, her English clear though her accent filtered through.

   Dancing around her workspace she worked on perfecting her idea of shock absorbing gauntlets. Though she had been playing around with the idea for while the idea only became useful when she knew she was going to U.A., before because she thought she would be in the hero course it would have been useful when she had overused her quirk, relieving her of some of its side effects. But even if she was in a different course the invention could still be useful.

  Useful, one of the words her so called aunt would never had associate Ianna with. It was either, useless, delusional or, her favourite, handicap. Ianna huffed humourlessly at the sudden thought of the abusive woman and the toxic effect she still had over her emotional state every time she looked back.

   A silent tear slipped down her cheek as her hands shook, her engraved soldering iron still in her hands. What would happened if she ever came back again, was she actually free as she thought she was? All the moments she spent laughing with her new friends or discussing the future as they always did, did it even count? Was it all real, after locking up the person that tried so hard to help her to become something more than her pathetic self, was it even worth it?

   Strongly slapping her face she took a deep breath, yes, it was worth it. After all the suffering and scars that she had went through to make it to where she was now, yes it was definitely worth it. Now she was doing what she really wanted, she had people that truly cared about her at her side and now she was striving to be the person her parents wanted her to be. Nodding to herself Ianna continued working, turning her hurt into a drive to prove that all her sacrifices would not be for nothing.

«🌺»

  By now the sun had began to set on the busy streets of Musutafu, just another evening of another day. But not for Tadashi Tukomi, this evening was another evening to hide. "Let me in, let me in!" He rushed pounding on the grey door of Ianna's workshop. Hearing a beeping sound she lowered her music and looked at the camera in front of her door. 

  Huffing in amusement at her tio's antics she pressed a button allowing the electronic door to slide, letting him in. Panting heavily he walked across to her light blue couch plopping himself on it, granting himself a cup of water from her fridge as well. "What is it with rich people and getting married? Not like it's like a requirement or something." He sprouted off making the girl pause and swirl around in her turning bar stool, caught off guard by the topic. "Well hi to you too."

   "I don't need wife to be successful in life, I am perfectly fine with running my company without a companion, right?" He ranted looking up from the carpeted section on the floor below him. "Yes.. yes you are." Ianna boosted thoughtfully. "And I am not lonely, I may have added four more buildings to the main station of the enterprise, but that doesn't exactly mean that I am compensating for the abstinence in my romantic life... Right?" Tadashi fished playing with one of her Pokémon plushies.