Toru Oikawa/ haikyuu

𝑭𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝑻𝒐 𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒔

𝑭𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝑻𝒐 𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒔
.
𖠌 ✫ ༄ ♡ *☼ : ・♕ 𓃟゚
⁂ ✧ * : 𖦹
・゚ 𓃒 ♔ ✧ ♡. ✫ ᪥ 𐂂
•*¨*•.¸¸♡. ↴
.

Y/n just moved from America to Japan

Y/n just moved from America to Japan. So she was going to be the new girl at school.

She stood outside the big school. Teens crawling in like ants. She was so scared to walk in alone.

"Oh do we have a new student?" a cute flirtatious voice spoke behind her.

Y/n turned around quickly to see a fairly cute boy with brown hair. He was hella tall.

"Yahoo cutie." he said. "Do you need help finding your classes? I could be your personal tour guide if you'd allow me to."

"Thank you." Y/n smiled back. She told him her class and he walked her to it.

While they were walking down the halls, some girls were staring at the boy next to Y/n. Then they looked at her with a stink face like they were mad with her.

"Your a quiet one. Whats your name?" pretty boy asked.

"Y/n L/n. And i dont like to talk a lot. I mean unless im comfortable with that person, sure."

"You, cutie, you can call me a Toru." he said with a gentle, charming smile. He could tell that she was shy, so he didnt try and push her the flirting too far, or make her uncomfortable.

Since he talks to so many girls, he know's when he's pushing it.

When they walked into the class with all the people staring. "Would'ya look at that. Seems like we have the same class." Toru said when he noticed all the people staring at her.

"Come sit next to me." he led her in the class.

Once the teacher came in Y/n got called up to introduce herself.

Toru tapped her shoulder and whispered "Go head and tell them your pretty name."

For the whole class, Toru made sure to help Y/n with anything she needed

Then lunch came around a bunch of girls asked him to eat lunch with them, but he kindly declined.

"Y/n, would you be so kind and accompany me for lunch?"

"Sure.. why not." Y/n replied.

The two of them went up on the roof and ate in peace. Away from the loud fangirls. "So Y/n, d'you have interest in any sports?" Toru randomly asks.

"Haven't really thought about it."

"If you had to pick one, what would it be?"

Y/n pondered on the question for a moment. "Um, id say volleyball, but im not any good at it."

Toru gasped, "I happened to play volleyball. I can teach you - only if the pretty princess would allow me to."

"Maybe next semesters."

Plenty months went by, Y/n grown close to Toru

Plenty months went by, Y/n grown close to Toru. And vice versa. They traded numbers, ate together everyday, hung out after school, Y/n even attended his games.

From at first glance, Toru had been totally smitten by Y/n and by her charm. Thats why he stuck by her the whole time. Those feeling were small at first, but the elevated by a ton.

Y/n, when she met Toru she saw him as a friend, and didnt plan on falling for a ladies man, but she couldn't help what she was feeling.

Neither of them confessed cause the same reason. They didnt wanna ruin the beautiful friendship they had come to form.

Why not ask your best friend on a date?

So he did - after a long time of debating. And after a long time of thinking, Y/n agreed to it.

The date went awesome. A week later, Toru thought it was the time to ask her to be his girlfriend.

He invited her to his home and they sat in his living room awkwardly.

"Listen, Y/n i knew we met last semester, but i really really like you. Would... uh, would you be so kind and be my girlfriend?"

Y/n looked down at her twiddling thumbs. "I'd.. like that. A lot."

"You scared me tiny cutie, i thought you were gonna say no!" Toru said with a hurt whine. He looked at her twiddling thumbs. "Can i hold your hand?"

Y/n didnt say anything, she just grabbed Toru's hand and held them dearly.

Her first friend in Japan turned into her lover.