Chapter 11 - Blackmail?

Niharika's POV:-

'Thank You, Mr. Raichand for dropping me to my home. I'll catch you up later. See you.' I said.

'Ok. But -

Without letting Siddhart finish his statement, I went inside my house and...

'What the hell?' I uttered in a low voice.

As I entered the house, I saw an elderly couple sitting in the sofa. And a young man probably a few years older than me sitting and smirking at me. My father was also sitting in the opposite sofa of the young man.

'Namaste, Niharika beta.' The wife said.

I was speechless.

As I was about to say something, my step mother came from the kitchen.

'Oh, Niharika, I forgot to tell, this is Sachin Mehta and Sargun Mehta and this is their son Vikram Mehta. They are here to talk about your marriage.' She said.

'What? Are you insane? Without my permission?' I snapped.

'Uh... Shalini, take Niharika to her room and make her ready.' My father exclaimed.

My step mother dragged me to my room.

This is it. I have had enough!

'You witch, you lied to me on the phone! You said that Papa had a heart attack!' I said.

'But that was the only way to bring you here.' She said calmly.

'What?' I said.

'Look Niharika, I know this is not appropriate but they are very rich people. You'll live your life happily.' She said.

'No.. This is the last straw! I am done and leaving.' I said.

I opened my cupboard and started packing my clothes.

'Wait, you can't do that.' She said.

'Why?' I said.

'Because they are the owner of the law firm that your father is working and a long time ago, your father has promised your hand in marriage to their son.' She said.

'Well then I don't care about his firm and his freaking promise. Isn't your daughter earning? She will surely take care of you.' I said.

'But-

I packed my luggage and then left the room. At last, I took my mother's photo from the drawer.

And then as I reached the living room, I saw my father. He looked at the luggage in my hands.

'Niharika, what is this? Where are you going?' He said.

'Far away from you guys.' I said and left the house.

Siddhart's POV:-

I am now in an abandoned villa.

'So, why did you do that? You knew the consequences... ' I said.

'I am sorry Mr. Raichand.. ' the man sitting opposite to me said.

'Now, tell me who told you to do this.' I said.

'I.. I.. ' He stuttered.

Suddenly he took out his gun from his holster and pointed towards me.

'Hands up! Otherwise I'll kill you.' He said.

I laughed.

'Ok.. As you say.' I said and sarcastically put my hands up.

He slowly got out of the mansion.