2.7 Tickle The Wire

Esperanza and the others were sat outside of the same house, waiting for something.

"Why does she get to tickle?" JJ asked the group.

"She's the best tickler." Pope answered.

"Should I do an accent?" Esperanza asked looking back at the group.

"Definitely disguise your voice." Pope nodded at her.

"Disguise my voice, how? Like how would you like me to talk?" she asked with a terrible english accent that made everyone in the car look at her.

"Not like that." JJ said shaking his head.

"No." Pope said to her.

"Absolutely not." Kiara commented, Catalina shook her head frantically.

"Batman." Pope told her.

"Batman." Esperanza said with a deep voice, though she wasn't happy with it so she cleared her throat and tried again,"I'm Batman."

"There you go." Pope nodded.

"That was actually pretty good, Esperanza."

"Spot on, let's do it." JJ said to his girlfriend supportively. Esperanza gave him a soft smile before calling the guys phone.

"Hello?" the guy answered.

"Hello." she said deeply before shaking her head and getting a scratchy throat."I can't."

"Just talk." Pope said rushedly.

Esperanza cleared her throat before trying again,"Is Gavin there?" she asked in her regular voice.

"This is Gavin. Who's this? Hello?"

"Can you stop saying hello? It's kind of annoying." Esperanza said before shaking her head and getting back on track,"I know what happened on the tarmac."

The guy chuckled dryly,"Um... Who's this?"

"It was Rafe Cameron. But you already knew that, and you lied about it." Esperanza said with anger laced in her voice.

"Okay. Who is this?" Gavin asked her panicky.

"We're gonna prove it. You're going to-"

"You're gonna tell me who this is now." Gavin said demandingly.

"Don't cut me off sir that it very rude. You could have saved her, Gavin, and you didn't." Esperanza seethed. "And you're not getting away with this."

"Listen to me! Who is this?"

"Your worst nightmare." Esperanza said before hanging up, she let a slight giggle escape her lips before turning to her friends with a smile,"I've always wanted to say that. how was that?"

"Good." JJ nodded at her,"Yeah, I was scared. Good job."

"All right. We tickled the wire. Phase two complete." Pope said,"Now we wait and listen."

"Okay." Esperanza nodded before leaning back into JJ.

The five crowded together in the car and waited until they seen Gavin leaving,"Alright. Here he comes. Stay down." Pope said in a hushed tone.

"No shit, jackass." Esperanza whispered to him.

The five had laid down waited for Gavin to pass Esperanza's jeep. "He didn't see us. He didn't see us."

"Hit it." Esperanza said to Kie.

"Go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go." Pope rushed,"My seat belt!" he panicked.